Wireless Tower Technician
BroadStaff is excited to be working with our client, a telecom construction company handling Tower, Civil, Electrical, DAS and Small Cell Projects throughout the East coast. This is a full time, direct hire position with 100% travel. Position can be based in multiple sites throughout the Eastern US. Ask us about sign-on bonus eligibility!
BroadStaff is seeking an experienced Tower Technician to work on a crew of 3 on new site build and modifications of tower telecom projects. This full-time opportunity comes with a competitive wage, eligibility for health benefits, PTO and others!
- Install, maintain and de-commission all aspects of wireless cell site foundations including: grounding conduits, electrical installations, site de-installation of antennas and coax.
- Climbing towers of various heights
- Assemble and install antennas.
- Adjust antenna Azimuth and down tilt.
- Jumper and Coax install and Replacement.
- Coax Termination, Connector Installation, Weatherproofing and Grounding.
- Installation of new carriers on new build and existing towers.
- Some work in the shelters
- A minimum of 1 year of tower construction or telecommunications experience.
- Candidate must be experienced in all aspects of line and antenna system installation, replacement and maintenance.
- Experience with the following: Antenna installation and alignment, TMA' s, Diplexers, Coax, Connectors, Jumpers, Installation of steel platforms and grounding.
- CPR/First Aid Certified (must keep certification current).
- Comtrain Climber Rescue Course or equivalent preferred.
- Must be willing to climb tall structures up to 300 feet and work in all types of weather conditions.
- Able to lift, carry, push, pull 75+ lbs.
- Able to crouch, kneel, and twist throughout the work day.
- Able to reach, grasp and climb with both hands.
- Able to manipulate equipment and instruments with precise hand and finger movements.
- Candidate must be able to pass a drug test initially and randomly
- Valid driver' s license and be able to pass a driving record check.
- Flexible to day and overnight travel to client markets. Perdiem is provided $80 per day