Wireless Pre-Construction Manager
90 White Street New York, New York 10013
BroadStaff is excited to be representing our client, a Northeast fiber owner and operator, on this 6+ month Contract to Hire position in the New York metro area.
We are seeking a Preconstruction Project Manager with Small Cell experience in the telecommunications industry. This candidate will be responsible for the effective management of all designated projects including site surveying, field verification, utility coordination, and more.
- Manage assigned projects from inception to Notice to Proceed including product/equipment ordering, permitting, and regulatory.
- Provide support with all aspects of preparing and securing utility agreements and applications as needed for installations.
- Assists in researching and preparing Utility Summaries for each project detailing key utility requirements related to network design and equipment.
- Assists in the negotiation of utility attachment agreements or amendments as needed.
- Maintains excellent relationships with utilities with attachment applications for poles and conduits as well as power deliveries.
- Manage scheduling site surveys and field verification.
- Extract and validate data from field.
- Prep field data for permit application submission to utility companies and vendors as well as local and state municipalities and jurisdictions.
- Lead internal and external meetings to review the status of each job and implement changes as necessary.
- Work directly with the customer to provide comprehensive job status reports and resolve any conflicts or issues that arise.
- Ensure that all jobs are maintained in a project tracking system with complete accuracy.
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Two (2) to four (4) years proven experience working in a fiber company, tower, or power utility working on joint use matters and/or preconstruction and/or rights-of-way.
- Three (3) or more years working in telecommunications infrastructure and construction.
- Wireless Industry experience preferred or equivalent in a comparable industry or relevant military experience.
- Project Management experience preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with negotiating experience preferred.
- Experience working with design teams, facilitation of permit drawings and construction documents related to outside plant construction required.