Wireless Construction Manager
695 Route 46 West Fairfield, NJ 07004
At BroadStaff we have an outstanding opportunity for a Wireless Construction Manager in the Outside Plant space. To be successful in this role, you will need to be the kind of person who likes working on the projects in the field 50% of time while balancing your day in the office diving into project details and face to face client meetings. In the field you will be overseeing the GC’ s and crews for proper installation, bid walks, punch walks and overall quality of the job. Do you know Wireless Telecom Construction from start to finish for rooftop/fiber new site builds and modifications? Then apply today! This is full time, direct hire opportunity in the Fairfield, NJ area supporting NY/NJ/PA.
What’ s In It For Me?
- Market Valued Compensation
- Discretionary Bonus eligibility based on company performance
- *Robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision packages available with fixed rate company contribution based on plan chosen.
- FSA, Life Insurance and Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits plans are available
- 401K offering up to a 3.5% company match
- Paid Vacation Plan accrued hourly; Year 1: 12 days, Year 2: 16 days and 14 Paid Holiday Days
- Collaborative, teamwork and family culture; frequent company team building events
- Results driven and commitment to helping employees succeed
- Pool Vehicle or Mileage Reimbursement
- Make regular trips to sites during construction including: bid walk, precon walk, in progress site visits, punch walks and construction closeout.
- Prepare and conduct bids. Prepare RFP and Bid responses including financial budgets.
- Provide direction to general contractors and subs as required.
- Ensure all work is completed in accordance with Company construction standards, processes, and procedures.
- Act as Company safety observer and quality assurance representative while on site ensuring compliance with Company safety program and related workmanship practices
- Understand basic RF principles and coordinate with RF Engineers on problem solving issues.
- Responsible to negotiate costs within scope of project, hold vendors accountable to ensure budget is maintained; ensure Project Managers and customers are aware of issues that will impact project completion or cost.
- Actively participate in and make recommendations in vendor selection process.
- Attend deployment and other customer meetings as subject matter expert for Company; Develop customer relationships
- High School degree (Bachelors preferred) or relevant and equivalent work experience may be considered
- Minimum five (5) years of telecommunications/wireless construction experience Knowledge of Inside and Outside (aerial and underground) Plant Construction techniques
- Familiarity with test equipment and techniques for performing RF Sweep test, OTDR, Power Meter and Passive Intermodulation (PIM) testing.
- Thorough understanding of electrical and RF principles.
- Working knowledge of NESC, NEC and OSHA standards; OSHA 10 (Minimum)
- Knowledge of construction management process including budget development and execution
- Knowledge of site acquisition procedures, including regulatory and permitting process
- Ability to read, understand and comment on blueprints
- Ability to direct and diagnose work flow problems, critical paths and institute remedies
- Customer service orientation with a strong problem solving approach - strong interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills - MS office (including Excel) and project management software knowledge (SiteTracker)
- Electrical knowledge and experience a plus
- A valid driver’ s license required for travel as needed to travel between sites.