Utility Relations Specialist (Telecom)
10980 Grantcherster Way, Suite 400 Columbia, MD 21044
BroadStaff is excited to be representing our client on this amazing 12+ month contract in the Greater BAWA market with one the largest players in the telecom industry basedin their Columbia, MD office.
The Utility Relations Specialist primary responsibilities include researching, preparing, and submitting Utility summaries for each new project, as well as facilitating utility kick off meetings for each new project at or before the project kickoff. Additionally, the Utility Specialist will review initial applications for attachment and power for each new project to ensure conformance with utility requirements, monitor application timelines and assist in escalating delays internally and externally. The Utility Relations Specialist performs the initial interface with new utilities to determine the process for acquiring an attachment agreement and power applications.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides support with all aspects of preparing and securing utility agreements and applications as needed for installation of Crown Castle facilities on or in regulated utility infrastructure.
- Orders insurance certificates and bonds for newly executed utility agreements
- Assists in researching and preparing Utility Summaries for each project detailing key utility requirements related to network design and equipment, and interfaces with cross-functional teams to update information in databases and authorization analyses.
- Assists in the negotiation of utility attachment agreements as needed
- Maintains relationships with utilities and supports Implementation team’ s timely submittal and processing of attachment applications for poles and conduits as well as power delivery.
- Serves as liaison between mutiple internal temans to obtain, administer and ensure compliance with utility agreement requirements during the all stages of network construction and deployment as well as ongoing operations and/or site modifications.
- Provides research and advice to internal clients regarding conditions of attachment to utility poles, conduits and easements.
- Interact with customers and vendors to ensure proper communication on and coordination of various project-related initiatives
- Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent experience
- Two (2) to four (4) years proven experience working in a fiber company, telephone or power utility working on joint use matters and/or engineering and/or rights-of-way.
- Wireless Industry experience preferred or equivalent in a comparable industry or relevant military experience.
- Experience working with design teams, facilitation of permit drawings and construction documents related to outside plant construction required.
- Experience in and knowledge of NESC, GO 95, NEC and FCC/state pole and conduit attachment regulations preferred.