Utilities Relations Specialist
BroadStaff is excited to be working with our large neutral host client on their Contract to Hire long term 12-18 Contract position in covering the Chicago markets sitting in Lombard IL
We are seeking an experienced Utilities Relations Specialist to support researching, preparing, and submitting Utility summaries for each new project and seeing them through all milestones to completion.
- Provides support with all aspects of preparing and securing utility agreements and applications as needed for installations
- Assists in researching and preparing Utility Summaries for each project detailing key utility requirements related to network design and equipment
- Assists in the negotiation of utility attachment agreements or amendments as needed
- Maintains excellent relationships with utilities with attachment applications for poles and conduits as well as power deliveries.
- Sets up and runs internal/external utility kick off meetings
- Coordinates “ mock-ups” as needed with utilities to facilitate the rapid deployment and powering of new equipment
- Provides research and advice to internal clients regarding conditions of attachment to utility poles, conduits and easements.
- Interact with customers and vendors to ensure proper communication on and coordination of various project-related initiatives
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Two (2) to four (4) years proven experience working in a fiber company, telephone or power utility working on joint use matters and/or engineering and/or rights-of-way
- Wireless Industry experience preferred or equivalent in a comparable industry or relevant military experience.
- Experience in and knowledge of NESC, NEC and FCC/state pole and conduit attachment regulations required.
- e preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with negotiating experience preferred.
- Experience working with design teams, facilitation of permit drawings and construction documents related to outside plant construction required.