Utilities Project Manager
BroadStaff is excited to be working with our large fiber and neutral host client on their Full time Direct Hire position in the BAWA market with offices about 20 miles from Baltimore, MD.
We are seeking an experienced Utilities Relations Project Manager responsible for the effective management of all designated projects inclusive of budgets, schedules, coordination of all deliverables and project tracking. The ideal candidate will have strong relationships with local utility and power companies with a high level of BAWA market regulatory, conduit and attachment policies.
- Manage assigned projects from inception to completion, ensuring that all activities inclusive of
- product/equipment ordering
- permitting regulatory
- construction to close-out to client hand-off
- Ensure all projects are effectively and efficiently coordinated and completed on time within budget and in accordance with the underlying contract.
- Manage all external vendors necessary for timely completion and within budget.
- Develop accurate project plan and budget for all assigned projects, modify as needed and direct close-out of completed jobs including the receipt of all required documentation.
- Lead internal and external deployment meetings with other managers and team members to review the status of each job and implement changes as necessary to ensure timely project completion.
- Attend customer deployment meetings to provide customer with comprehensive job status reports and resolve any conflicts or issues that arise.
- Ensure accurate and complete files are maintained for projects and appropriate close-out documents are distributed in a timely manner in accordance with corporate and customer standards.
- Ensure that all jobs are maintained in a project tracking system with complete accuracy.
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Two (2) to four (4) years proven experience working in a fiber company, telephone or power utility working on joint use matters and/or engineering and/or rights-of-way
- Wireless Industry experience preferred or equivalent in a comparable industry or relevant military experience.
- Experience in and knowledge of NESC, NEC and FCC/state pole and conduit attachment regulations required.
- e preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with negotiating experience preferred.
- Experience working with design teams, facilitation of permit drawings and construction documents related to outside plant construction required.