300 Pine St Canton, MA 02021
BroadStaff is excited to be working with our client, a telecom construction company handling Tower, Civil, Electrical, DAS and Small Cell Projects throughout the MA area. This is a full time, direct hire position. Position is based in Canton where most work is.
BroadStaff is seeking an entry level Tower Technician who is Comtrain certified to climb. This individual will predominantly be doing the ground work on Cell Tower build and modification but will climb as the work requires. You must be willing to be the 3rd member of a team supporting the Crew Foreman and Tower Hands. This full-time opportunity comes with a competitive wage, eligibility for health benefits, PTO and others!
- Perform installation, inspection and maintenance services for wireless radio and antenna systems on towers, rooftops and other elevated structures in conjunction with the Crew Foreman and Top Hand.
- Perform ground-based work in support of radio systems cabling, grounding, interconnects and/or conduits.
- Identify and work with all required materials, tools and equipment needed to complete assigned work.
- Maintain equipment and vehicles in a clean and operational condition at all times.
- Assemble and install antennas.
- Climb tall structures (100 feet or more) with 50 lb. load.
- A minimum of 1 years of tower construction or telecommunications experience.
- Some experience with the following: Antenna installation and assignment, TMA' s, Diplexers, Coax, Connectors, Jumpers, Installation of steel platforms and grounding.
- CPR/First Aid Certified (must keep certification current).
- Comtrain Climber Rescue Course or equivalent preferred.
- Must be willing to climb tall structures up to 300 feet and work in all types of weather conditions.
- Able to lift, carry, push, pull 75+ lbs.
- Able to crouch, kneel, and twist throughout the work day.
- Able to reach, grasp and climb with both hands.
- Able to manipulate equipment and instruments with precise hand and finger movements.
- Ability to obtain OSHA 10 – company will train.
- Hoisting license preferred – company will train.
- Valid driver’ s license and good driving record.
- Ability to obtain DOT medical Certificate is required.
- 80Hrs. PTO
- Biennial boot allowance of $150
- Safety and industry certifications paid for by TCI
- Fidelity 401K Retirement Program with 30% match
- Optional Medical Insurance (United Healthcare)
- Optional Dental Insurance (United Healthcare)
- Optional Vision Plan available (VSP)
- Free 401K advisor through Fidelity
- Power tools and all necessary safety gear (PPE) provided by TCI
- Competitive pay
- Overtime potential
- Company-provided Basic Employee Assistance Program
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Discounts with Verizon Wireless
- Company-provided Life and AD&D insurance
- Company-provided Disability Insurance
- Referral Bonus Program ($400-$2000 range depending on hiree’ s position)
- 10 Paid holidays per calendar year
- Foreman will have use of or be issued a company vehicle
- Quarterly safety incentives ($50 min.) Doubled if all Quarters are Safe.
- Monthly photo contest incentives ($25 gift card)
- Additional Annual bonus incentives via healthcare program ($200 min.)