Tower Technician 1/2
2100 Byberry Rd Philadelphia, PA 19116
BroadStaff is excited to be working with our client, a telecom construction company handling Tower, Civil, Electrical, DAS and Small Cell Projects throughout the East coast. This is a full time, direct hire position with travel throughout Philadelphia, Southern NJ, and Delaware. Local candidates will be able to travel home each night.
BroadStaff is seeking an entry level Tower Technician who is Comtrain certified to climb. This individual will 75%/25% climbing work and ground work on Cell Tower build and modifications. This full-time opportunity comes with a competitive wage, eligibility for health benefits, PTO and others!
- Perform installation, inspection and maintenance services for wireless radio and antenna systems on towers, rooftops and other elevated structures in conjunction with the Crew Foreman and Top Hand.
- Perform ground-based work in support of radio systems cabling, grounding, interconnects and/or conduits.
- Identify and work with all required materials, tools and equipment needed to complete assigned work.
- Maintain equipment and vehicles in a clean and operational condition at all times.
- Assemble and install antennas.
- Climb tall structures (100 feet or more) with 50 lb. load.
- A minimum of 1 years of tower construction or telecommunications experience.
- Some experience with the following: Antenna installation and assignment, TMA' s, Diplexers, Coax, Connectors, Jumpers, Installation of steel platforms and grounding.
- CPR/First Aid Certified (must keep certification current).
- Comtrain Climber Rescue Course or equivalent required.
- Must be willing to climb tall structures up to 300 feet and work in all types of weather conditions.
- Able to lift, carry, push, pull 75+ lbs.
- Able to crouch, kneel, and twist throughout the work day.
- Able to reach, grasp and climb with both hands.
- Able to manipulate equipment and instruments with precise hand and finger movements.
- Candidate must be able to pass a drug test initially and randomly
- For non-local candidates; food per-diem is provided at $40 per day. Hotel will be provided for overnight stays.