300 Pine St Canton, MA 02021
BroadStaff is excited to be working with our client, a telecom construction company handling Tower, Civil, Electrical, DAS and Small Cell Projects throughout the MA area. This is a full time, direct hire position. Position is based in Canton where most work is.
BroadStaff is seeking a Tower Groundman to support the Tower buildouts from the ground with cabinet swaps, ice bridge builds radio relocations and general cable, fiber work. This is ground work; there sill be minimal climbing on the Tower. This full-time opportunity comes with a competitive wage, eligibility for health benefits, PTO and others!
- Installs equipment on and construct telecommunications towers using construction and rigging equipment.
- Pick-up/delivery of supplies, tools, equipment, components, etc., via company vehicle.
- Possess ability to proficiently use power and hand tools required for the various tasks assigned.
- Operates heavy machinery including man lifts, and boom lifts – company will train.
- Safely and proficiently utilizes rigging equipment including cables, lines, knots, capstan, etc.
- Weatherproofs, changes connectors, uses ground kits with an overall attention to detail and quality.
- Possess knowledge of towers, various types, and safety issues associated with them – company will train.
- Adheres to all company and industry (i.e. OSHA) standards and regulations – company will train
- Follow the direction of the foreman on site or directions left by foreman or supervisor who may not be on site.
- Mut be able to obtain basic hand tools needed to perform the job please review the list. (Company assistance/Payroll deduction available.)
- Other duties as needed.
- Ability to understand plans and specifications and become knowledgeable about construction methods, materials, and regulations.
- Must be able to work away from the home base for extended periods of time.
- Ability to become familiar with and employ the use of company and client standard operating procedures.
- Must have manual adroitness and excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Good physical condition and stamina required.
- Must have the ability to work independently under limited supervision.
- Must efficiently prioritize and perform job requirements and activities based on open communication with the Foreman and others.
- High School graduate, GED, or equivalent work experience required.
- 1-3 years of experience in the construction of wireless sites, rooftop, and tower climbing preferred however company is willing to train.
- Basic mathematical skills, ability to apply common sense reasoning, good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to obtain OSHA 10 – company will train.
- Hoisting license preferred – company will train.
- Pre-Employment drug testing.
- Valid driver’ s license and good driving record.
- Ability to obtain DOT medical Certificate is required.
- 80Hrs. PTO
- Biennial boot allowance of $150
- Safety and industry certifications paid for by TCI
- Fidelity 401K Retirement Program with 30% match
- Optional Medical Insurance (United Healthcare)
- Optional Dental Insurance (United Healthcare)
- Optional Vision Plan available (VSP)
- Free 401K advisor through Fidelity
- Power tools and all necessary safety gear (PPE) provided by TCI
- Competitive pay
- Overtime potential
- Company-provided Basic Employee Assistance Program
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Discounts with Verizon Wireless
- Company-provided Life and AD&D insurance
- Company-provided Disability Insurance
- Referral Bonus Program ($400-$2000 range depending on hiree’ s position)
- 10 Paid holidays per calendar year
- Foreman will have use of or be issued a company vehicle
- Quarterly safety incentives ($50 min.) Doubled if all Quarters are Safe.
- Monthly photo contest incentives ($25 gift card)
- Additional Annual bonus incentives via healthcare program ($200 min.)