Telecom Technician (Field Construction)
3500 AM Drive Quakertown, PA 18951
BroadStaff is thrilled to be working with our client, a provider of engineering, installation, servicing and maintenance of wireless and fiber optic infrastructure on their Full Time, Direct Hire Telecom Technician position in Leigh Valley, PA with offices in Quakertown.
What' s In It For Me?
- Market Valued Compensation
- Benefits* including:
- Health, Dental and Vision (Employee pays 30% of premium, 50% of dependent premium)
- Life Insurance
- 401K with matching
- Paid vacation, holiday and personal days*
- Excellent work-life balance with numerous special employee activities.
- Collaborative, teamwork and family culture.
- Results driven and commitment to helping employees succees
*Benefits begin 1st of month following 60 days of employment
What Will I Do?
BroadStaff is seeking a talented Telecommunicatiosn Techncian responsible for the installation, repair, and maintenance of underground fiber and copper telecommunications facilities to support residential and business telephone, high-speed internet, and Digital customers, while providing a superior level of customer service and commitment to safety. This position requires daily use of manual and mechanized equipment to bury and repair cable and conduit. This position must prove the demonstrated ability to take and follow instruction well, be willing to work long hours to meet and exceed customer’ s expectations, follow all safety requirements, and have the ability and willingness to learn and work in a team environment.
- Follow instructions of jobsite leadership. Perform job functions according to high safety standards, including setting up traffic control signage and following safety procedures with all work equipment and personnel.
- Communicate with employees, management, developers, contractors, and homeowners to discuss and plan construction issues.
- Construct and bury cable and conduit systems, by operating blowing, plowing, digging, directional boring, and trenching equipment and pulling fiber and cable through conduit systems.
- Assist with repairs, replacing and relocating aerial and underground cable including fiber optic, transportation, distribution and drop cable. Ensures plant construction meets industry standards, is technically reliable and performed in timely and cost efficient manner.
- Assists with repairs and maintains major cable system and structures such as broken lashing, replacing or re-sagging aerial strand, pole transfers, down-guys, aerial to underground conversion, substructure repairs and cable replacements related to system outages, maintenance, rebuilds and emergencies or hazards. Troubleshoot and check for problems and errors
- Install equipment per scope, responds to and participates in emergency and outage situations that require heavy construction capabilities.
- Provides support for Lineman crews during all phases of construction activity.
- Assists with placement of aerial strand and fiber optic cable, places guys and anchors utilizing general principles of guying.
- Assists with over-lashes cable on existing strand and cable.
- Assists with setting utility poles, performs pole transfers and various maintenance activities.
- Assists with pulling cable, moving slack and installing snow shoes.
- Places riser duct and inner ducts, digs trenches, set hand holes/manholes and locate wire.
- Locate existing buried facilities utilizing locating equipment and call before any digging projects, properly identifying other utility flags and safely working around other utilities.
- Complete and maintain records as required, including completion of all required information on work orders to ensure details of work are recorded for entry into Company systems.
- Keep accurate records of materials used and update staking sheets to field as-builts.
- Assists with properly loading and unloading equipment, trailers, and materials.
- Clean, maintain, and organize stock for company vehicles and prepare equipment to safely perform required duties and reflect the highest brand standards.
- Properly operates company vehicles, equipment and tools.
- Must advocate a team player approach to position.
- Ability to work various shifts, double shifts and overtime as necessary
- Provide a high level of customer service and reflect the highest brand standards.
- Performs work in the field, which may require daily travel overnight travel.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- 2-4 years’ experience in Outside Plant Fiber Optic Fusion, lineman construction, splicing and Testing.
- Knowledgeable in standard telecommunications construction practices, policies and procedures and experienced in operating the related equipment.
- Experience with applicable cable types and enclosures a plus.
- Knowledge in cable technologies, structure, and handling
- Ability to operate and lift heavy equipment, climb poles, crawl into small spaces, and work at heights
- Valid PA Driver’ s License with a CDL medical card, Class A within 90 days
- Must have an ability to read and understand staking sheets, blueprints, instructions, engineering diagrams, work orders, written documentation, training materials and network records.
- Ability to operate motorized work equipment and service equipment, including personal computers, phone systems, software applications (including email clients and web browsers), hand tools, electric tools, and test sets.
- Regularly carry, move, push, pull, install, and/or remove tools and equipment weighing 20 to 50 pounds (and frequently 50 to 100 pounds).