6240 Old Dobbin Lane Ste 150 Columbia, MD 21045
BroadStaff is thrilled to be working with our client, a privately-owned, multi-discipline, architectural and engineering firm handling both private and public sector Telecom and other infrastructure work. They are seeking to bring to the team a talented Telecom Engineer on full time direct hire basis in their Columbia, MD office.
What’ s In It For Me?
- Market Valued Compensation
- 25% annual bonus eligibility based on company profit margins
- Annual Merit Increase
- Benefits including:
- Health, Dental and Vision
- 100% Company funded Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time off and Paid Holidays
- Multiple Employee Assistance programs
- Company matching 401K Savings and Retirement Plan
- Small office environment that thrives on Collaboration, teamwork and family culture.
- Well defined career development program
- Tuition reimbursement
Why Is This Job For Me?
TheTelecom Engineer position requires the ability to design and calculations based on how to collect field data, walk sites explaining the design path to the clien. The primary responsibilities of the position is for AutoCAD drafting of the land development plan set for various types of retail, commercial, industrual and residential site projects. The ideal candidiate will have an EIT in civil or structural engineering but this is not required. This office hours are typicall 7am-4pm and will require some site work that may require earlier start times or later end times.
- Work closely with engineers to perform Land Development design work. Transform designs into CADD produced drawings using appropriate software.
- Set up and draft plans by analyzing sketches, field notes and other input material to determine the best approach for the completion of drawings.
- Draft concept layout plans while working with engineering staff.
- Draft grading, utility, stormwater and soil erosion/sediment control based on project designs.
- Conform to the company’ s standard CADD procedures for layering, etc., and standard drawing procedures for sheet layout.
- Work with numerous engineers and project teams to help in project completion.
- Coordinate details and dimensions between drawing sheets.
- Complete assignments of increased difficulty as proficiency is increased.
- High School Diploma/Equivalent; Associates Degree or a Certificate from a technical school, preferably in AutoCAD.
- 3-5 years of related experience.
- Proficient with AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Work within a team oriented environment to successfully complete a high volume of projects within established budgets and deadlines.