Telecom A&E Project Manager
6240 Old Dobbin Lane Ste 150 Columbia, MD 21045
BroadStaff is thrilled to be working with our client, a privately-owned, multi-discipline, architectural and engineering firm handling both private and public sector Telecom and other infrastructure work. They are seeking to add a new position of A&E Project Manager on full time direct hire basis in their Columbia, MD office.
What’ s In It For Me?
- Market Valued Compensation
- 25% annual bonus eligibility based on company profit margins
- Annual Merit Increase
- Benefits including:
- Health, Dental and Vision
- 100% Company funded Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time off and Paid Holidays
- Multiple Employee Assistance programs
- Company matching 401K Savings and Retirement Plan
- Small office environment that thrives on Collaboration, teamwork and family culture.
- Well defined career development program
- Tuition reimbursement
Why Is This Job For Me?
The AE Manager position requires a person with the experience and knowledge to scale a developing business in a rapidly growing market. In this position, you will be responsible for building out and growing a team of AE professionals. In addition to leadership you may be asked to roll up your sleeves creating AE design drawings, reviewing structural designs, working with local jurisdictions on these designs while interacting with all levels both internally and externally.
- Provide efficient project management leadership and oversight to drive the timely completion of Telecommunication Site design services
- Analyze project scope of work starting with existing electrical power and proposed power requirements; identify any potential spatial constraints/challenges and develop a solution for the site plan/site layout; identify any potential structural constraints/challenges and escalate to the customer with potential solutions.
- Attend & Lead site walks with the customer
- Review and critique structural designs and analysis calculations
- Ability to work directly with cities and local jurisdictions to understand their code requirements
- Supervise and managed direct reports (CAD Draft and Design teams.
- Oversight of architecture and engineering activities, to include allocation of resources, responding to client requests, budget tracking, and preparing status reports.
- Create and QC A&E design drawings for wireless telecommunications sites
- B.S. Degree in Structural Engineering required
- 5+ years experience and advanced knowledge of telecommunications/wireless structural development
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE)preferred
- Knowledge of AutoCAD or equivalent experience with computer-aided design software including RISA 3D
- Knowledge of applicable planning, zoning codes and regulations affecting site development
- Outstanding communication skills (both written and verbal) and customer service skills