Telecom / Utilities Field Engineer
BroadStaff is excited to represent our client, a leader in the electric utilities industry on a long term remote contract opportunity. We are seeking a talented Telecom / Utilities Field engineer with experience working with Telco’ s and Large Carrier Operations.
This position will be responsible for a variety of Telecommunications Engineering tasks with regard to design and implementation of integrated systems for data transmission in both digital and analog environments. The ideal candidate will have experience working with ILECS/CLECS, central offices, HVP (high voltage protection), Positron equipment, OSP, Microwave, and MPLS networks.
- Complete Fiber optic design and troubleshooting.
- Microwave point to point and telecom inside plant installation in remote power plant locations including but not limited to Solar and Wind farms.
- Work collaboratively with IT services personnel in support of planning and deployment.
- Ensure proper system Configuration of local PBX, Soft Switch Applications, change control, and IP protocol from routers and switches.
- Conduct GPR (Ground Potential Rise) surveys.
- Install and maintain HVP (High Voltage Protection) equipment.
- Recommend cost effective avenues for each point to point install and existing services.
- Understand multiplexing and cross connect systems technology and practices.
- Bachelor’ s in Engineering discipline or equivalent professional experience.
- Ten plus (10+) years of direct experience working with TELCO’ s and Large Carrier Operations, Billings and Designs in OSP.
- Power Plant experience preferred.
- Familiarity with IEEE regulations and safety as well as NERC/FERC standards and agency.
- Experience with Cisco VOIP and legacy telephone/data systems a plus.
- Proficiency in VISIO or CAD Design, Microsoft Office Suite, and SharePoint.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills; strong customer service and client interfacing interpersonal skills.
- Ability to support and manage multiple task assignments at a given time.
- Flexible to travel 80% domestically.