Structural Engineering Manager, PE (Wireless)
Raleigh, North Carolina
BroadStaff is excited to be working with our client, a leading Project Management/Engineering Services firm specializing in dynamic service solutions for the Telecommunications, Oil and Gas, Renewable Energy and Utilities industries, on their current search for a Structural Engineering Manager located just outside Raleigh NC.
The Structural Engineering Manager will be responsible to lead the Engineering team responsible for the design and structural analysis of new or existing communication structures. The ideal candidate will have a PE (required) and solid understanding of Telecom Structural Design, management of projects supporting such designs from the engineering perspective and a background in CAD drafting and mappings.
- Provide leadership direction to the teams who perform structural analyses of communication towers, antenna mounts and related structures pursuant to governing building codes and standards.
- Working knowledge of:
- a variety of engineering software including both specialized and general-purpose finite element analysis (FEA) programs.
- handcalculations based on engineering principles and building code requirements.
- Review and deliver formal written reports for clients summarizing results and recommending actions
- Create, review and provide feedback of design efficient structural modifications to increase capacity of structures when required per analysis.
- Review work performed by Project Engineers and CAD team members including structural analyses and modification designs.
- Assist in training and coaching of Project Engineers.
- Serve as Engineer of Record for work prepared in department as appropriate.
- Collaborate regularly with Director, Engineering Managers, and other Senior Project Engineers to improve, review, and expand current product line and processes.
- Serve as Project Lead for essential clients including managing workflow and organizing Project Engineers to meet team objectives.
- Performs site visits as needed to document field conditions for new sites and site modification projects.
- Less than 5% travel may be required in support of position’ s responsibilities.
- Position may allow for tower climbing, but is not required.
- Communicate effectively and interface with both internal and external stakeholder, Engineering and Project Management teams
- Must be capable of setting priorities and working in fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to multi-task and work on several projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to communicate project statuses and maintain internal deadlines.
- Must be able to organize team of engineers to meet project deadlines.
- B.S. in Civil or Mechanical Engineering required; structural emphasis preferred.
- P.E. certification Required
- 8-12 years of telecom structural and engineering experience preferred.
- 1-2 years Engineering Management
- Familiar with RISA-3D, tnxTower or similar FEA software suite required.
- Experience reviewing structural analysis and drawings required.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD preferred.
- Strong computer skills required, including proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite.