6240 Old Dobbin Lane Ste 150 Columbia, MD 21045
BroadStaff is thrilled to be working with our client, a privately-owned, multi-discipline, architectural and engineering firm handling both private and public sector Telecom and other infrastructure work. They are seeking to bring to the team a talented Civil Engineer on their full time direct hire basis in their Columbia, MD office.
What’ s In It For Me?
- Market Valued Compensation
- 25% annual bonus eligibility based on company profit margins
- Annual Merit Increase
- Benefits including:
- Health, Dental and Vision
- 100% Company funded Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time off and Paid Holidays
- Multiple Employee Assistance programs
- Company matching 401K Savings and Retirement Plan
- Small office environment that thrives on Collaboration, teamwork and family culture.
- Well defined career development program
- Tuition reimbursement
Why Is This Job For Me?
We are seeking a mid-level structural engineer with telecommunications experience to perform structural analysis and design services on various types of telecommunication structures with varying levels of complexity. Additionally, the position includes assisting the existing structural staff with reviews of structural deliverables and mentoring of entry-level staff. Candidate should have a strong structural engineering background with working knowledge of the telecommunications industry and related analysis and design standards.
- Perform structural reviews of analyses and modification designs prepared by other engineers.
- Independently perform analyses and modifications of complex telecommunication structures, including, but not limited to: towers, rooftop applications, equipment platforms, FRP structures, etc., using applicable building codes and analysis standards.
- Mentor entry-level (not sure if entry-level is the right word, feel free to change) structural staff and provide guidance regarding project organization and execution, technical concepts, and career growth.
- Work within a team oriented environment to successfully complete concurrent projects within established budgets and deadlines.
- Conduct site visits to gather and record existing conditions data in an organized format that can be used during analysis and design.
- Coordinate with in-house professionals and sub-consultants to complete all aspects of site design.
- Occasionally the employee will need to visit sites that include rooftop access and/or are in remote locations while lifting and/or moving equipment up to 25 pounds.
- 4+ years of experience with civil or structural design
- EIT License on PE track is required, PE Licensure in home state with ability to obtain reciprocal licenses in other states is preferred.
- Bachelor' s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering required - Engineering degree in a different discipline with PE Licensure in Civil Engineering with Structural Emphasis is acceptable in lieu of a Civil Engineering degree.
- Must have experience with TNX Software.
- Must have experience with 3D modelling software suites such as Risa 3D (preferred), RAM Elements or STAAD.
- Must have solid problem solving skills.
- Must be able to work in a high-paced environment, often with multiple concurrent deadlines.
- Must have previous experience with telecommunications projects and/or clients.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Must be able to safely operate a motor vehicle.