Structural Engineer II (Telecom)
8521 Six Forks Road Suite 105 Raleigh, NC 27615
BroadStaff is thrilled to be working with our client, who is an Engineering and Site Development Firm specializing is telecommunication site work, on their Full Time, Direct Hire Structural Engineer II (Telecom) in Raleigh, NC (with flexibility to work out of the Richmond, VA office or remote dependent upon specific conditions).
What’ s In It For Me?
- Market Valued Compensation**
- Performance based bonus eligibility paid quarterly.
- Robust benefits package including:
- Eligible after 31 days from date of hire starting the 1st of calendar month
- $1850 paid toward your deductible every calendar year
- 401K effective Day 1. Matched at 4% after Employee Contribution
- Generous Paid Vacation Plan upon hire ( 3 weeks)
- Excellent work-life balance with numerous special employee activities.
- Collaborative, teamwork and family culture.
- Highly experienced management with a lead-from-the-front attitude.
- Results driven and commitment to helping employees succeed; strong culture of education, industry training and growth.
- Highly visible role with autonomy.
Why is this Job for Me?
The Structural Engineer II (Telecom) will be responsible for the design and structural analysis of new or existing communication structures for wireless telecommunication sites (towers, buildings, foundations, rooftops, monopoles, etc.). There is s strong desire for this individual with an SE License.
- Analyzes and designs tower, rooftop, and monopole structures and foundations with all types of building material such as steel, concrete, masonry, light-gage and wood
- Read and analyzes tower and rooftop structures and foundations using hand-calculations, tower analysis software (RISA 3D Enercalc & Mathcad)
- Performs site visits as needed to document field conditions for new sites and site modification projects
- Perform required structural design calculations to conform to local jurisdictional requirements for land use, permitting and required local building codes
- Assist in developing project structural specifications and construction documents
- Coordinates with other engineers/designers, drafters, site acquisition and construction personnel in a team environment
- Modify and/or refine details during project to improve design
- Ensures accurate project status reporting including project planning and some client contact
- 2-5 year’ s Structural Telecommunications experience is required
- BS or MS in an engineering discipline (Structural or Civil) required
- EIT or PE required; SE Highly preferred
- Telecommunications experience is a plus
- Knowledgeable in engineering and geotech principles, as well as applicable design guides and standards
- Knowledgeable in industry and technology trends
- Experience with structural engineering software such as RISA 3D, Enercalc & Mathcad