Structural Engineer, P.E.
Broadstaff is thrilled to working with our client, an employee-owned engineering firm that provides civil, geotechnical, environmental, planning, landscape architecture, survey and construction services on their full-time, Electrical Engineer based in Charlotte, North Carolina, Greenville, South Carolina or Orlando, Florida. The Structural Engineer must have a Professional Engineering license in North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Florida or the ability to obtain registration within 60 days.
The Structural Engineer will be responsibility for coordination, management, and design of structural aspects for telecommunications A/E design projects including inbuilding design, new-build tower sites, co-location sites, and small cell sites. In addition, you contribute to client development in the telecommunications industry, coordination and completion of proposals, design documents and managing project budgets while working closely with other members of S&ME' s telecommunications team in developing and completing A/E design projects and growing our telecommunications practice.
- Analyzes and designs tower, rooftop, and monopole structures and foundations with all types of building material such as steel, concrete, masonry, light-gage and wood
- Read and analyzes tower and rooftop structures and foundations using hand-calculations, or tower analysis software
- Performs site visits as needed to document field conditions for new sites and site modification projects
- Perform required structural design calculations to conform to local jurisdictional requirements for land use, permitting and required local building codes
- Assist in developing project structural specifications and construction documents
- Collaboration with CAD Design team members in preparation of equipment and antenna layout drawings for lease exhibits, zoning drawings, and construction drawings
- Coordinates with other engineers/designers, drafters, site acquisition and construction personnel in a team environment
- Modify and/or refine details during project to improve design
- Ensures accurate project status reporting including project planning and some client contact
- Serve as design professional of record for zoning drawings and construction drawings for permitting purposes.
- Bachelor' s degree in Engineering or closely related field
- A minimum of 8 years of experience with a minimum of 5 years of structural engineering experience related to the telecommunications market
- Experience with process implementation and training and building cohesive teams
- Thorough knowledge of the telecommunications industry specifically related to A/E Design.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills, a strong work ethic, and possess the ability to work as a team player.
- Self-motivated and dynamic team players.