Structural / Civil Telecom Professional Engineer
245 Commercial St Suite 203 Portland, ME 04101
BroadStaff is thrilled to be working with our client, a network deployment and professional services engineering telecom company on their full time, direct hire position Structural Engineer position based in Portland, ME or Atlanta, GA
What’ s In It For Me?
- Market Valued Compensation
- Annual Discretionary Bonus Eligibility (10%-15% of Base Salary)
- Benefits eligibility the first month following the date of hire including:
- Health, Dental and Vision
- HSA and FSA Account eligibility
- Life Insurance
- 3 Weeks paid vacation
- 401K with Employer Contribution
- Collaborative, teamwork and family culture.
- Entrepreneurial, highly technical and customer-focused work environment
- Well defined career development program
Why Is This Job For Me?
The Civil Structural position requires a person with the experience and knowledge in Small Cell build-outs including utility and monopole structures. In this position, you will be responsible for the engineering team completing review, design and redlining of pole attachments while be willing to up your sleeves and completing these yourself as needed. You will be required to have a PE and a willingness to stamp design deliverables.
- Design and produce drawings for telecommunications networks. This includes encroachment permits, plan and profile drawings, and special crossings.
- Understand, interpret and conform design to local jurisdictional requirements for land use and permitting.
- Create QA/QC and process documents for project specific specifications and standards.
- Review and stamp design deliverables for a variety of telecom projects and scopes.
- Manage project timeline, while overseeing deliverable completion.
- Must be willing to participate in self-study to understand new and emerging technologies.
- Train and educate design team on standards and review process.
- Must collaborate with cross functional groups on projects.
- Bachelor’ s Degree preferred
- Must be a licensed PE (at least 1.5 years) and have the ability to obtain licensing in additional state
- Preference for civil, structural, or utilities background.
- Experience in telecommunications preferred.
- Experience permitting projects in the public right of way
- Experience in AutoCAD.
- Experience working with outside vendors and clients to manage process flow
- Experience working on concurrent projects with competing priorities.