Small Cell Construction Manager
Columbus, OH 43215
BroadStaff is excited to be working with our client, a turn key System Integrator. This is a full time direct hire position that will require some travel in the OH market. The position is based in Columbus, OH with the first project being in Cincinnati.
We are seeking an experienced Small Cell Construction Manager with an extensive background in managing Node construction resources. This individual will monitor all aspects of the project and expedite or
escalate as appropriate to achieve the cost, quality and schedule goals for the project.
- Hands on on-site management of construction including:
- bid and pre-construction site walks, site visits, punch walks and construction closeout.
- Responsible for installation / commissioning of small cell / wireless equipment
- Provide direction to general contractors, sub contractors and crews.
- Ensuring quality work is being completed, holding both internal and external partners accountable. Proactively communicate issues that will impact project completion.
- Responsible for managing the permitting process for pole attachment agreements and structure access agreements
- Responsible to problem solve issues that may occur onsite and make recommendations based on priority and need to ensure the project is maintained.
- Ensure that all jobs have complete and accurate project tracking including: close out documentation, work standards reporting, all files and necessary documentation.
- Ability to conduct least cost route analysis to solve fiber design issues.
- Read and interpret construction documents, i.e.; prints and plans as well as splicing diagrams that
are used in the splicing of fiber optics.
- Arrange to perform preventative maintenance testing utilizing OTDR test equipment, analyze
results and coordinate repairs as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Strong understanding of outside plant engineering, fiber optic cables, and telecommunication construction.
- Small cell construction experience would be a plus.
- Experience in OSP fiber aerial and underground construction.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.