Senior Structural Engineer
Raleigh, North Carolina
BroadStaff is excited to be working with our client, a leading Project Management/Engineering Services firm specializing in dynamic service solutions for the Telecommunications, Oil and Gas, Renewable Energy and Utilities industries, on their current search for a Structural Project Engineer located just outside Raleigh NC.
The Structural Project Engineer will be responsible for the design and structural analysis of new or existing communication structures. The ideal candidate will have leadership qualities because they are responsible for reviewing the work completed by the Project Engineer and managing projects supporting designs from the engineering perspective and a background in CAD drafting and mappings.
- Perform structural analyses of communication towers, antenna mounts and related structures pursuant to governing building codes and standards.
- Utilize a variety of engineering software including both specialized and general-purpose finite element analysis (FEA) programs.
- Perform handcalculations based on engineering principles and building code requirements.
- Prepare formal written reports for clients summarizing results and recommending actions
- Design efficient structural modifications to increase capacity of structures when required per analysis.
- Work collaboratively with the Project Engineers and CAD team members including structural analyses and modification designs.
- Perform basic CAD tasks including structural modification and construction drawings for zoning purposes.
- Coordinate with CAD team members on moderate to advanced CAD projects to ensure that structural designs and construction drawings are accurately represented.
- Assist in training and coaching of Project Engineers.
- Serve as Project Lead for essential clients
- Performs site visits as needed to document field conditions for new sites and site modification projects.
- Less than 5% travel may be required in support of position’ s responsibilities.
- Position may allow for tower climbing, but is not required.
- Communicate effectively and interface with both internal and external stakeholder, Engineering and Project Management teams
- Must be capable of setting priorities and working in fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to multi-task and work on several projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to communicate project statuses and maintain internal deadlines.
- Must be able to organize team of engineers to meet project deadlines.
- B.S. in Civil or Mechanical Engineering required; structural emphasis preferred.
- EIT certification preferred
- 5+ years Engineering Management
- Familiar with RISA-3D, tnxTower or similar FEA software suite required.
- Experience reviewing structural analysis and drawings required.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD preferred.
- Strong computer skills required, including proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite.