Senior IT Auditor
1100 Commscope Place Se Hickory, NC 28602
BroadStaff is thrilled to be working with our client, a preeminent original equipment manufacturer for wireless networks and infrastructure, on their Full time, Direct Hire Senior IT Auditor position in Hickory, NC
BroadStaff is seeking a seasoned professional to serve as Experienced Senior Information Technology (IT) Auditor for the Corporate Audit & Advisory department. The candidate will join an established team, reporting to the Technology Senior Audit Manager. He or she plays a key role in helping to embed robust internal controls over technology and a wider role in the review of our business. This position will help manage critical aspects of the Technology Audit area of the Internal Audit department including coordination with the Financial / IT groups on Sarbanes-Oxley testing activities, execution of any technology related Internal Audit projects, and coordination with external auditors.
- Assist with audit project planning, including risk assessment, scope and budgeting of time.
- Provide subject matter expertise in IT general computer controls (e.g., logical security, change management, operations, disaster recovery), application, infrastructure areas (e.g. firewalls, operating systems, databases, etc.), and strong knowledge of information security risks.
- Execute IT SOX 404 compliance engagements including, testing internal control design and operating effectiveness, providing guidance to process owners, rationalizing controls, and proactively communicating/tracking control improvement opportunities to completion.
- Execute audit procedures and document results of testing. This includes being familiar with audit software, data interrogation tools, and documentation standards.
- Prepare well-written audit findings, including remediation recommendations, submit timely to engagement management for review and follow-up.
- Lead audit projects demonstrating the ability to review staff audit work to ensure it is well organized and meets test objectives.
- Provide proactive status updates to the IT Audit leadership, Internal Audit team, IT/process owners, and external auditors.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with management and Corporate Audit & Advisory team through individual contact and meetings.
- Participate in special projects pertaining to IT compliance initiatives, as needed.
- Completed Bachelor' s Degree
- 3+ years internal and/or external audit experience
- 2+ years project management or audit lead experience
- Technology background-experience auditing in technical layers and in the US
- Excellent communication skills
- Nice to have but not required:
- CISA/CIA/CPA/CISSP or equivalent certifications
- Experience with audit tools and data analytics software
- Working knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and ITIL and COBIT frameworks
- Experience with the following systems and technical platforms: SAP, Oracle, Windows, UNIX, Databases and Cloud Systems, including Oracle application knowledge
- Financial audit experience with large publicly-traded company or public accounting firm