RF Field Technician
300 Spectrum Drive Irvine, CA
BroadStaff is thrilled to be representing our client, one of the largest neutral host vendors in the industry, on their 6-12 month contract position in Irvine, CA.
We are seeking a RF Field Technician with experience of base station equipment, DAS equipment installation and maintenance, low-power broadcast equipment and experience in both the construction, installation and maintenance phases.
Perform CW Testing and benchmark drive tests using PCTel or TEMs tools, coordination, set-up, collection and post processing of data
• Fully understand and demonstrate proficiency with the Acceptance testing (ATP) process from the hub
• Work with DAS and Small Cell networks, verify link between base station and remote unit, measure and condition the output power of the base station into the DAS system
• Ensure SCN acceptance and integration procedures are properly performed to prescribed standards for all SCN additions and modifications.
• Support network service level agreements by managing the RF incident trouble tickets expeditiously and properly. Follow through on the incident and change request ticket process.
• Proactively communicate and send consistent daily updates on projects, tasks, training completion, or revised forecasts.
• Communication required with other internal teams such as the Engineering and Operations teams, NOC and the customer RF Engineers. Comply with various deliverables and documentation required.
• Understand and be fully accountable for RF Engineering initiatives, including data accuracy, node audits/inspections, field surveys and the database management update process
• Perform site inspection, field visits and have the ability to assist with the selection of proper utility poles for DAS and small cell installation and document all findings in the field.
• Able to coordinate all field activities with the Engineering team, NOC, other departments, and all vendors when working on networks.
• Assist vendors during RF studies and drive tests as needed.
• Ability to operate a bucket truck and follow safety procedures to work around power lines along utility runs
• Able to assist with completing administrative tasks related to power/utility or Joint Pole Authority (JPA) applications
- AS or BS in Engineering, Engineering Technology
- 4+ years of DAS design test experience
- Various industry test equipment and manufacturer certifications desired
- Knowledge of carrier equipment and RF impact on DAS designs as well as interference issues
- Strong written and verbal communications
- The ability to travel 100% Monday-Friday
- Knowledge and Certifications for OSHA / DOT preferred