5383 Hollister Ave # 150 Santa Barbara, CA 93117
BroadStaff is thrilled to be working with our partner who is a high level System Integrator and Engineering firm working on their full time, direct hire position based in Santa Barbara, CA. This a field and office position with project sites throughout LA County and Santa Barbara County . When not in the office, you can work remotely.
We are seeking an RF Engineer to work on a range of large scale in-building DAS projects. The individual will be responsible for the iBwave design and overseeing post installation commissioning and optimization.
- Design systems by selecting sites, conducting CW tests, analyzing data, and preparing customer documentation
- Configure, commission, test and optimize DAS solutions
- Participate in solution designs and proposals as needed
- Able to perform and lead ‘ Service Calls’ to audit, troubleshoot and write report about the activity
- Conduct field work and measurements
- Operate test equipment and run post processing software
- Provide planning, coordination as well as testing including CW, benchmark, and optimization
- Work closely with customer regarding system design, performance / optimization, and recommending configuration changes as needed
- Should know the use of measures to confirm system designs including test equipment, power density and power meter, spectrum analyzer and pilot scanner
- RF testing, reporting, and troubleshooting
- Able to perform ongoing system testing, test analysis, troubleshooting, test reports and recommendation for changes and upgrades
- Able to provide post implementation DAS maintenance and support
- Team with others on new innovation and solution efforts· .
- 5 ears in-building and field experience in DAS
- Knowledge of RF theory, Public Safety and Commercial carrier iDAS
- Ability to design with iBwave; Level 2 certified is preferred
- Proficient in use of RF and optical test equipment i.e. spectrum analyzer, base station analyzer, OTDR and Anritsu.
- Experienced on design with different OEM platform and able to perform design work as assigned
- Travel up to 50%