RF Field Engineer
5383 Hollister Ave # 150 Santa Barbara, CA 93117
BroadStaff is thrilled to be working with our partner who is a high level System Integrator and Engineering firm working on their full time, direct hire position based in Santa Barbara, CA. This a field and office position with project sites throughout LA County and Santa Barbara County. Relocation is available for this position
We are seeking an RF Field Engineer to work on a range of small to large scope in-building DAS projects. The individual will be responsible for the pre-design data collection inclusive of CW Testing, RF Propagation and other RF signal testing as well as some post installation commissioning and optimization. The ideal candidate will also have working knowledge of basic iBwave design with some experience in small venue design.
- Conducting pre-design and post design engineering services including: Site surveys, CW Testing and RF propagation.
- Complete benchmark testing to evaluate potential build locations and performance of existing installation
- Utilize iBwave design software to predict RF propagation.
- Test systems using spectrum analyzer, network analyzer, signal generator, power meter, and other testing tools.
- Commission, test and optimize DAS solutions
- Collect and utilize post deployment acceptance testing data to ensure design specification requirements are met and the system functions at optimal levels for the integration with the carrier(s) macro network
- Participate and contribute to solution designs and proposals with Engineering Services teams
- Operate test equipment and run post processing software
- 3-5 years in-building and field experience in iDAS
- Knowledge of RF theory, Public Safety and Commercial carrier iDAS
- Familiarity with multiple DAS OEM (e.g. CommScope, TE Connectivity, Corning Mobile Access, SOLiD) equipment' s functionality and typical performance levels is required
- Proficient in use of RF and optical test equipment i.e. spectrum analyzer, base station analyzer, OTDR and Anritsu.
- Solid understanding of iBwave with the ability to complete basics project set-up and design; at minimum iBwave Level 1 proficiency with some Level 2 preferred.
- Travel up to 50%+ to local site while occasionally traveling nationally