RF Design Engineer
5383 Hollister Ave # 150 Santa Barbara, CA 93117
BroadStaff is thrilled to representing our CA based client, an industry leader in providing turnkey solutions for in-building wireless (DAS) and converged network services on their full time, direct hire position based in Santa Barbara, CA. Relocation is available.
We are seeking an RF Design Engineer who possess the ability to complete RF/DAS design work of complicated multi-sector projects and troubleshoot advanced designs. The ideal candiate will have Level 3 skills in iBwave design with multiple DAS OEM' s. Interview submission will require project work examples of Level 3 skill proficiency.
- Completion of indoor DAS system design and planning.
- Develop coverage and capacity solutions for large venue design including a variety of locations such as sports venues, shopping malls, hospitality, and convention centers, hospitals, universities, office spaces, and transit systems.
- Use iBwave and other design tools to develop detailed system designs. Including development of schematics, propagation model, floor plans and BOM.
- Perform Carrier-specific and/or Neutral Host Designs to meet KPIs.
- Perform standard Design tasks of RF design link budget analysis, 3D modeling in iBwave/RANPLAN,
- Responsibilities will include location assessment and coordination with field technicians for requirements gathering.
- Selection of OEM products and technology based on venue requirements & budget
- Interface with field operations, development teams, and venue owners.
- Candidate MUST HAVE at least 5 years of professional experience designing of multi-sector DAS using most major DAS OEMs such as Corning, Commscope, TE, SOLiD, ADRF, JMA/TEKO, etc.
- iBwave Level 3 proficiency required
- Must be familiar with wireless technologies CDMA, EVDO, GSM, CDMA, UMTS, W-CDMA and LTE
- Mastery in Link Budgets for multiple technologies/frequencies.
- Familiarity of DAS commissioning, optimization, and troubleshooting