Project Manager 0912
1701 Directors Blvd Austin, TX 78744
Broadstaff is thrilled to be representing our client, a leader in the Tower Industry of Telecom who owns, operates and builds telecom infrastructure. The company’ s connections are made possible by a unique network of communications infrastructure— towers, small cells, and fiber working together to set the stage for new innovation. To bring the world' s biggest ideas and possibilities to people and businesses who need them. This is a 12-month Contract to Hire Opportunity in Austin, TX.
Responsible for the effective management of all designated projects and their associated budgets and schedules, including coordinating all deliverables and requirements of the entire cross-functional project team. Ensure all projects are completed according to the underlying contract and to mutually agreed upon timelines of the customer and Crown Castle and are in accordance with Crown Castle’ s policies and procedures. Ensure that the Technology Innovation Manager and Director – Tech Innovation are aware of issues that will impact timely project completion or cost, and pro-actively seek to identify and communicate any schedule and budget risks.
• Manage assigned projects from inception to completion, ensuring that all activities, including contracting, product/equipment ordering, construction, optimization, close-out, and hand-off are effectively and efficiently coordinated and completed on time within budget and in accordance with the underlying contract / LSO.
• Manage all external vendors necessary for timely completion and within budget.
• Develop accurate project plan and budget for all assigned projects, modify as needed and direct close-out of completed jobs including the receipt of all required documentation.
• Attend project update meetings to provide the Technology Innovation Manager with comprehensive job status reports and resolve any conflicts or issues that arise.
• Ensure accurate and complete files are maintained for projects and appropriate close-out documents are distributed in a timely manner in accordance with corporate and customer standards.
• Ensure that all jobs are maintained in a project tracking system with complete accuracy.
• Bachelor’ s Degree or equivalent work experience
• A valid driver’ s license required
• Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred
• Three (3) to five (5) years of project management experience
• Managing project budgets or related financial experience
• Customer-facing project management experience
• Advanced knowledge of Public and Private right of way project deployment, including regulatory and permitting processes.
• Ability to read and understand blueprints along with civil inside & outside plant construction methods or tower/roof top structural details.
• Ability to direct the diagnosis of work flow problems, critical paths and institute remedies
• Ability to read and understand financial metrics and identify remedies to financial issues
• Customer service orientation with a strong problem solving approach
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to manage and process multiple data streams
• Knowledge of construction services: Telco, power, fiber, basic construction, vendor equipment requirements, and antennas
Crown Castle works around the country to build and maintain the infrastructure behind the world’ s most revolutionary technologies. Crown Castle owns, operates and leases more than 40, 000 cell towers and over 60, 000 route miles of fiber supporting small cells and fiber solutions across every major US market. This nationwide portfolio of communications infrastructure connects cities and communities to essential data, technology, and wireless service – bringing information, ideas, and innovations to the people and businesses that need them. Crown Castle is an S&P 500 company and one of the largest Real Estate Investment Trusts in the United States with an enterprise value of approximately $60 billion.