Site Acquisition Specialist
1601 NW 136th Ave Sunrise, FL 33323
BroadStaff is excited to offer this amazing opportunity on behalf of our client, a leader in the Telecommunications Industry as a neutral host DAS, Small Cell and Tower provider. They are looking for a talented and experienced Site Acquisition Specialist with a strong background in Government Relations for a long term 12 month+ contract in the South Florida market located in Sunrise, FL.
The position of Government Relations Specialist works with the internal project team to coordinate the interaction with local jurisdictions and municipalities to support the installation of fiber and small cells. The candidate will provide general assistance in researching public right of way, jurisdictional coding, project tracking and completing permit packaging.
- Creating the permit packaging requirement for local jurisdictions and municipalities.
- Provide support for all aspects of preparing, submitting, tracking and securing permit and entitlement applications
- Interface with local jurisdictional staff as it relates to the public right of way
- Perform periodic tracking and reporting as it relates to project management
- Research using ERSI / GIS database mapping knowledge
- Jurisdictional coding and construction drawing research and analysis.
- 2-4 years demonstrable working experience in or with a utility or a jurisdiction, ideally in a planning, zoning, permitting and/or land use capacity.
- 2 years wireless/wireline industry
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office with a high skill level in Powerpoint
- Working knowledge of ESRI, MAPInfo or similar GIS database preferred.
- Exceptional organizational skills with a strong affinity for details
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Ability to perform and multi-task in a high paced working environment
- 90% office/10% field
- Successful completion of a background check and drug screen in required.