Operations Program Manager
We are seeking a hard working, talented Operations Program Manager with both a desire to oversee field operations while handling the office responsibilities of running OSP Telecom projects. The ideal candidate will have technical experience in Outside Plant/Fiber/Node Installation to handle turn-key Small Cell construction and extensive experience in the management of construction sites, project time lines and budgets, leadership of construction management teams and contractors with daily stakeholder interaction.
- Owns process and operational use of tools for all phases of work: design, implementation, closeout, & change order management
- Accountable to manage the profit & loss, job cost, cash flow, and contract deliverables for all assigned projects
- Develops and monitors key metrics and leading indicators to measure the business and improve operating processes
- Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports
- Ensure that all jobs have complete and accurate project tracking including: close out documentation, work standards reporting, all files and necessary documentation.
- Proactively communicates to ensure project teams keep customers informed of project progress, issues and projected completion dates
- Ensures deployment and customer meetings are held regularly and issues/conflicts are resolved promptly.
- Responsible to problem solve issues that may occur onsite and make recommendations based on priority and need to ensure the project and budget are maintained.
- Works in close collaboration with multiple stakeholders in the identification of functional, organizational and/or procedural issues and bring about swift and effective solutions
- Build out of Construction Deployment Team inclusive of hiring, firing, training and holding accountable to results.
- Daily utilization of Advanced Excel skills for project tracking, supply ordering, etc.
- High School Diploma required/Bachelor’ s Degree preferred
- Minimum five (5) years of telecommunications/wireless construction experience
- Knowledge of Outside Plant Construction techniques: Civil (Aerial and Underground Fiber and Cable), Trenching and Industrial Boring, Backhaul Fiber to the Donor
- Knowledge of Small Cell Construction including node attachment to monopoles and utility poles
- Familiarity with test equipment and techniques for performing RF Sweep test, OTDR, Power Meter and Passive Intermodulation (PIM) testing for SCN
- Demonstrated experience working in cross-functional teams and across widely varying stakeholders in an organization
- Demonstrated experience in improvement initiatives, root cause analysis and project management
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken), as position requires communication with senior executives on a regular basis; results oriented, problem solving individual
- Working knowledge of NESC, NEC and OSHA standards.
- 50% field/50% office