OSP/Small Cell Technician
90 White Street New York, NY 10013
BroadStaff is thrilled to be working with our client who prides themselves in providing cutting-edge technologies and best-of-breed resources to help companies make informed, strategic decisions in the planning and management of their telecommunications networks. They are seeking an OSP Technician will be responsible for supporting the maintenance of Small Cell/DAS Networks. Typical responsibilities are resolution of Maintenance tickets and the completion of Preventative Maintenance and Network Acceptance tasks.
- Perform all activities in a manner to ensure the safety of yourself, team, customers and the public.
- Respond to all network outages, impairments and emergencies in assigned area.
- Complete all annual preventative maintenance inspections to MNS standards.
- Perform the acceptance of required new and modified networks
- Operate and understanding of RF and fiber related test equipment, such as PIM analyzer, Antenna analyzer, RF power meter, Spectrum analyzer, Signal generator, OTDR, Fusion splicer and Fiber Optic power meter.
- Operate PC or similar devices to gain access to Small Cell Network web based tools and complete assigned administrative tasks.
- Work efficiently and effectively with cross-functional departments and peers.
- Responsible for compliance with All MNS policies and procedures.
- Safe work practices must be followed along with integrity and quality.
- High School Degree or equivalent required; Associates or two year Technical degree strongly preferred
- 3 years of experience in one or more of the following fields: Wireless/Wireline Operations OSP/ISP or related
- Technical knowledge of Fiber, Coax and Low voltage trouble shooting
- Wireless/Wireline Operations experience or equivalent military experience strongly preferred
- Possess a valid state driver’ s license with a non-negligent driving record
- Ability to safely drive and operate boom truck in the public right of way.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to work in Web Based ticketing and network monitoring systems
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance, while managing time for maximum efficiency.
- Knowledge of radio transmitters, receivers, antennas, electronic and fiber optic theory