OSP Project Manager
300 Crown Oak Centre Drive Orlando, FL
We are seeking an experienced Project Manager who can run large scale OSP projects. The overall responsibilities of the position include management of all designated projects and their associated budgets and schedules, including coordinating all deliverables and requirements while managing functional project teams.
- Manages and oversees project turnkey engineering and construction projects.
- Manage assigned projects from inception to completion, ensuring that all activities, including contracting, engineering design, site acquisition, product/equipment ordering, permitting regulatory, backhaul, construction, optimization, close-out, and efficiently coordinated and completed on time within budget and in accordance with the underlying contract.
- Manage all external vendors and coordinate with internal teams necessary for timely completion and within budget.
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members, scope of work, manage budgets for all assigned projects, modify as needed and direct close-out of completed jobs including the receipt of all required documentation and managing scope creep.
- Lead internal and external deployment meetings with other managers and team members to review the status of each job and implement changes as necessary to ensure timely project completion.
- Travel and attend customer deployment meetings to provide customer with comprehensive job status reports and resolve any conflicts or issues that arise.
- Ensure accurate and complete files are maintained for projects and appropriate close-out documents are distributed in a timely manner in accordance with corporate and customer standards.
- Ensure that all jobs are maintained in a project tracking system, invoiced and closed with complete accuracy.
- Bachelor’ s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in wireless & wireline project management, planning and implementation in the telecommunications industry.
- Managing budgets or related financial experience
- Experience with budget creation and management.
- Ability to schedule and complete resource allocations for projects.
- Great communication skills
- Ability to travel as necessary to meet customers’ needs and ensure customer standards are being adhered to.
- Advanced knowledge of telecommunications/non-wireless project management, asset management
- Knowledge of Public and Private right of way project deployment, including regulatory and permitting processes.
- Knowledge of MPLS and Ethernet technology applicable for deployment solutions to Wholesale and Enterprise markets.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and/or CAD drawings along with civil inside & outside plant construction methods or riser/tower/roof top structural details.
- Ability to read and understand contracts
- Ability to direct the diagnosis of work flow problems, critical paths and institute remedies
- Ability to read and understand financial metrics and identify remedies to financial issues
- Customer service orientation with a strong problem solving approach
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage and process multiple data streams
- Knowledge of vendor services (ordering and installation): Telco, power, fiber, basic construction, vendor equipment requirements, antennas, generator and shelters.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)