OSP Permit Coordinator (Remote)
Broadstaff is thrilled to be working with our client, a fast-growing telecommunications company in Northern New England and New York, offering a robust suite of advanced telecommunications services, on their Permitting Specialist position. This position offers direct hire, full-time status, remote working within upstate NY with some travel and a robust benefits plan.
What' s in In for Me?
- Market Value Compensation Plan
- Medical and Prescription Drug
- Health Savings Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance
- Life and AD&D
- Voluntary Life and AD&D
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
Why is This Job for Me?
Are you interested in working on a 1300 ile fiber build to support network infrastructure? Do you love to dot the I' s and cross the T' s? Do you enjoy working daily with internal and external partners? Then Apply! You will be responsible for all right-of-way activity relative to outside plant engineering and construction projects. Experience in right-of-way and permits for telecommunication projects is preferred. Candidate must have local permitting experience and an understanding of the permitting application process.
- Understand and communicate permit requirements as outlined by owning jurisdiction, i.e. railroad, city, town, county, DOT, Federal etc
- Create permit packages for all OSP projects as directed by Right-of-way Manager or Director
- Acquire permit fee amounts, complete permit application, and submit check request
- Meet with the local jurisdictions as needed to understand, process, and acquire permits timely according to OSP project schedules
- Coordinate with OSP engineers and local jurisdictions to ensure permit packages are complete at first submittal
- Work with the project team to understand priorities and project timelines
- Research and analyze existing records, such as, county, municipal, DOT, to assist in final permit locations
- Provide customer-facing communications, as needed, and track all permitting activity
- Prioritize permit submittals based on owning agency lead times and project schedules
- Maintain organized filing/records and detailed tracking
- Minimum of (3) three years of proven applicable permitting experience in New York.
- General understanding in OSP/fiber engineering with a thorough understanding of utility right-of-way, DOT, and local municipal permitting.
- Familiarity with NESC guidelines is a plus. Ability to read, interpret, and follow maps, diagrams, and schematics.
- Ability to communicate professionally through all types of media with customers, vendors, managers, and associates, exhibiting poise, composure, and confidence when confronting high-pressure or stressful situations while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Valid, Active Driver’ s License in the State of hire.