4350 Arville Street Las Vegas, NV
BroadStaff is thrilled to be working with our client, an integrator who builds and maintains end-to end network infrastructure, on their 3-6 month Contract OSP Fielder position covering their carrier needs to complete assets management for Vaults and Peds throughout the Las Vegas, NV area.
What’ s In It For Me?
- Market Valued Compensation
- $115 per week allowance for gas expenses
- Autonomous work environment
- Potential for longer term employment
Why Is This Job For Me?
This is a great opportunity for an individual who loves to work in an independent working environment in the field, driving throughout market each day quickly reading a map and identifying and verifying aspects of the outside cabling plant including vaults, peds, amplifiers, splices, taps, and cable size. You will need to be capable of drawing basic sketches, completing records verification, data input into hand held device, simple cable count re-arrangements, joint pole work, and routine work order functions The position requires utilizing personal, reliable transportation to travel long distances with a valid Driver’ s License.
- Field audits of maintenance holes, hand holes and pull boxes identifying cables, conduits and wall to wall footages.
- Field audits of utility poles identifying service providers and cable types (e.g., COAX cable, Fiber cable, copper cable,), hardware, span lengths and attachment heights.
- Field surveys of outside plant aerial and underground network facilities and associated infrastructure.
- Sketch and redline outside plant network facilities and applicable infrastructure routes from Central Office termination point to customer access point or any segment in between utilizing PC applications and OSP record data base
- Contact and communicate with customers to access to professional/private facilities; when applicable.
- High Diploma required
- 2 years of job related experience as an OSP fielder or similar related role.
Knowledge of OSP record and/or computer aided drafting systems
- Understanding of telephone industry standards, local telecom practices and procedures, local city state and governmental rules and regulations
- Ability to make common sense understanding to carry out instructions that are provided in written, oral or drawing.
- Ability to collect, organize, disseminate of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts (measurements in terms of distance, proportions, percentages and area.). Ability to write information including reports.
- Ability to speak effectively to customers, vendors and coworkers up through all levels of management and staff.
- Must have strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Must have general computer knowledge.
- Must possess, or obtain upon employment, a valid driver’ s license.
- Must be able to attend and pass all company required training as needed.
- May be required to work after hours; on weekends or be on-call as work is needed.
- Duties outlined in this position will require the employee to stand, crouch, sit, bend, and use hands and fingers to handle or feel as well as reaching with hands and arms to spaces both high and low; Lifting manholes for inspection