OSP Field Operations Supervisor / Tallahassee
3701 Communications Way Evansville, IN 47715
BroadStaff is happy to be working with our client, a leading provider of 100% fiber optic internet, television, and telephone services in over 80 communities in Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, and Ohio, on their full time OSP Field Operations Supervisor position in the Tallahasee, FL area.
Whats In It For Me?
- Competitive total compensation package
- 80% of Medical premiums paid for by company
- Dental and Vision Plans
- 2 Week first year Accrued PTO program from Day 1
- Company paid Disability and Life insurance
- 401(k) company match and 100% vested on Day 1
- Locally owned, friendly, fun atmosphere
Why Is This Job For Me?
A Field Operations Supervisor is responsible for managing all company outside field operations in the assigned geographic area ensuring the efficient and timely completion of customer fulfillment requests for premise installation, repair and special project build outs. The Field Operations Supervisor also supports the video engineering and facilities engineering departments with hub site maintenance activities.
- Monitor quality control of installation work – conducts on-site QC surveys for compliance
- Resolve customer complaints and takes appropriate action to resolve the complaint
- Procure and coordinate installation activities of contractors as needed to meet work flow requirements
- Develop and maintain a district out-of-hours call out schedule
- Assist the video and network engineering teams with the planning of all company hub sites in terms of advising as to their location, size, exterior appearance, and internal layout.
- Assist with troubleshooting equipment failures and service affecting problems
- Work with OSP manager to develop OSP preventative maintenance routines to minimize potential outages
- Provide assistance as needed with OSP repair and restoration and maintenance activities.
- Review all underground plant locate requests for company facilities and ensures accurate locating of subject facilities are completed timely.
- Help establish and maintain a standard for equipping technicians with tools and test sets
- Manage the company tools and test set inventory and quickly address ‘ loss’ issues
- Manage workplace safety and provide safety training to employees as required
- Manage both the productivity and quality of work down to the individual employee level
- Assure that all technicians exhibit a ‘ customer friendly’ attitude promoting a commitment “ to serve with passion” and deliver an excellent customer experience.
- Ensure OSHA, NESC, NEC, and company safety regulations and precautions are followed for all work activities
- Keep up-to-date with FCC and other regulatory requirements and standards
- Public safety relations
- Oversee the selection, hiring, and career development of all field technicians
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Proven outside plant construction knowledge
- Prior hands-on experience with the installation and maintenance of customer inside wire
- To support field personnel in 2nd tier technical support circumstances, the ability to use a spectrum analyzer, OTDR, and other fault diagnosis tools
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Naturally model respect for others by listening well, encouraging others, and promptly returning phone calls/e-mails
- Ability to keep commitments to customers, suppliers, and other team members
- An orientation to problem solving with facts and drive for common goals and priorities to leverage diversity of opinion.
- Knowledge of cable franchise management
- Knowledge of economic development