OSP Field Inspector- CO
Steamboat Springs, CO 80477
Broadstaff is happy to be working with our client, a full-service Engineering and Construction firm working in the telecommunications and electrical power sectors on their Contract to Hire position based in Steamboat Springs, CO. Relocation and/or living arrangements will be provided.
The position will support the Yampa Valley Electric multi year installation of phone and internet being 80% aerial work. The responsibilities will include the administration and inspection of daily work functions and quality of an FTTH construction job site(s) while monitoring various construction functions related to aerial and underground OSP Fiber construction.
- Ensure company safety polices and guidelines are adhered to.
- Work with production employees and subcontractors to ensure accurate daily reporting guidelines are followed for the purposes of tail boards, production reports, customer billing, payroll, as-builts, damage claims, etc.
- Monitor and document the quality of construction.
- Walk the work site(s) daily and document all footages and unit quantities.
- Utilize working knowledge of material parts and equipment inventory.
- Utilize working knowledge of Fiber to the Home plant.
- Requires thorough knowledge of aerial and underground fiber construction practices.
- Requires working knowledge of OSHA and company safety requirements.
- Extensive contact with company employees, subcontractors, Client’ s employees, Client’ s customers, outside vendors, and the general public.
- Supervisory and administrative responsibility over hourly production employees and sub-contract crews, up to and including disciplinary action.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a minimum of three to five years of verifiable experience in OSP construction.
- Must have a minimum of one-year OSP Construction inspection experience.
- Must have a clean valid driver’ s license and a DOT medical card is needed (can be secured after employment).
- Must display proficient knowledge and understanding as to the proper use of OSP construction tools and equipment
- Submit written evaluation for both employees and contractors’ performance and quality of work on a regular basis.
- Ensure all crews provide a high quality and safe work product.
- Ensure any property damage or incidents are documented and submitted to the direct supervisor immediately.
- Must possess and maintain, patience, poise, compassion, and civility.