OSP Field Engineer
We are seeking an experienced OSP Field Engineer with an extensive OSP and field design background that will be responsible for the field design and layout of OSP telecommunications network including familiarity with engineering in the public right of way and on private property.
- Work as a team member with OSP Design Engineers on technical aspects of designing OSP fiber and copper plant.
- Responsible for the field design and layout of OSP telecommunications network to include aerial, buried and underground Fiber network design and layout, underground conduit, manhole/hand hole, building entrance and riser facilities, utility, road and railroad crossings and other complex ROW issues.
- Review regulations when engineering in the public right of way and on private property.
- Research at various municipalities in regards to plats and ROW dimensions.
- Contact existing gas and electric companies to assess cost effective routes.
- Coordinate between telecommunications companies and electric companies.
- Maintain quality standards, controlling expenses, and following company and business unit directives and practices.
- Gather field data with mechanical and electronic tools.
- Identify conflicts with existing outside plant facilities, select routing of lines and equipment required for relocation projects.
- Manage workload and prioritize multiple field engineering assignments.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the fiber-optic/telecommunications / telecom construction industry.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience with directly related OSP design.
- Experience with highway/road prints and identifying problems for relocation projects.
- Previous experience in planning, project management, contract negotiations, and accounting fundamentals.
- CenturyLink experience and working knowledge of the following tools; AutoCAD, ILEC LSO fiber entrance application and the full suite of Microsoft Office.
- Familiar with GIS (Geographic Information Systems), ESRI and shapefile functionality.
- Strong written and oral communication skills