OSP Field Engineer / PA
Broadstaff is thrilled to be working with our client, a fast-growing telecommunications company in Northern New England and New York, offering a robust suite of advanced telecommunications services, on their OSP Field Engineer position. This position offers direct hire, full-time status, position based in PA. Travel through Harrisburg, Allentown then North into NY State.
What' s in In for Me?
- Market Value Compensation Plan
- Medical and Prescription Drug
- Health Savings Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance
- Life and AD&D
- Voluntary Life and AD&D
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
The Outside Plant (OSP) Engineer is responsible for determining the best routes to service new and existing customers, drafting in a GIS system, maintaining the integrity of the network while working safely to develop a plan which can be executed timely and on budget. This position requires site visits and working with local and state municipalities to acquire road permits and easements to complete OSP projects. It also requires working with various utilities to complete the OSP projects. Working with, communicating clearly and often with various other departments within the organization is a priority
- Travels to customer sites to procure OSP project information, determining equipment requirements and best routing of lines as appropriate.
- Conducts pole surveys and geographic information systems (GIS) surveys to update and maintain OSP databases.
- Works directly with the OSP Coordinators on the Pole and Conduit application process.
- Designs and prepares detailed work plans for construction or rearrangement of existing fiber optic cable, aerial, underground lines, and buried feeders.
- Creates MOPs for customers to sign allowing entrance into the facilities
- Directs construction work activities with the local OSP Construction Manager to ensure conformance with engineering specifications and on-time delivery of customer service.
- Ensures compliance with industry specifications including but not limited to gathering pole data and obtaining permitting and rights of way.
- Serves as a liaison between the Company, OSP Construction Managers, contractors, public utility companies, and customers.
- Actively seeks to resolve delays quickly and efficiently during the life-cycle of the project
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the fiber-optic/telecommunications / telecom construction industry.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience with directly related OSP design.
- Experience with highway/road prints and identifying problems for relocation projects.
- Working knowledge of the following tools; AutoCAD, ILEC LSO fiber entrance application and the full suite of Microsoft Office.
- Familiar with GIS (Geographic Information Systems)
- Strong written and oral communication skills