OSP Fiber Coordinator
BroadStaff is seeking experience fiber professionals who will be responsible for leading the fiber optic splicing activities throughout the Florida and Texas Networks on a nightly basis. This position will be responsible for coordinating field teams to ensure they are deployed to high priority areas and troubleshoot problems. This is an office position in Miami but is a night shift position from 9pm - 6am.
- Coordinates and dispatches Network Splicing Contractors.
- Reports on ongoing network issues and trouble areas on the networks.
- Organizes planned splicing activities in the most efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Problem solves and troubleshoots ongoing network outages
- Completes contractor performance evaluations.
- Updates day shift team with nightly notes and summary of activities that occurred on the network.
- Must be able to work nights.
- High school diploma / GED.
- Experience: 3+ years in telecommunications/wireless industry.
- Three (3) years of experience with outside plant fiber optic cable splicing.
- Experience with 300++ count fiber**
- Knowledge of GIS tools such as ESRI ArcMap, MapInfo Google Earth
- Customer service orientation with a strong problem solving approach
- Experience with using AutoCad.
- Ability to manage and process multiple data streams.
- Experience with construction engineering drawings.