Industry: OSP Technician
Job Number: 1486
Pay Rate: 37,500
BroadStaff is happy to be working with our client, a leading provider of 100% fiber optic internet, television, and telephone services on their full time OSP Fiber Splicer position in the Ames Iowa area.
Whats In It For Me?
- Competitive total compensation package
- 80% of Medical premiums paid for by company
- Dental and Vision Plans
- 2 Week first year Accrued PTO program from Day 1
- Company paid Disability and Life insurance
- 401(k) company match and 100% vested on Day 1
- Locally owned, friendly, fun atmosphere
Why Is This Job For Me?
The Fiber Splicer is to be responsible for the terminating, splicing, bonding/grounding, documenting and testing of all fiber optic cables within the systems fiber optic networks and their related equipment with the end goal of providing maximum operating efficiency. **Interview may require skills testing of splicing and compensation will be based on this skill.
- Perform all setup, testing and maintenance required for CPE installation of POTS, DSL and Networking services
- Install and maintain CPE local area networks (LAN) and WiFi networks
- Install and maintain network interface devices (NID) and Optical Network Terminals (ONT)
- Perform skilled troubleshooting from the MDF to the demarcation point including CPE
- Respond to trouble tickets within acceptable company timeframe standards
- Install OSP facilities according to engineered work orders or service orders
- Perform routine preventive maintenance and major repairs to distribution systems
- Perform cable/fiber testing and splicing
- Locate buried copper and fiber optic cabling
- Record and report all record changes immediately
- Complete inventory replenish requests as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Five plus years in related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Some trade school training is desired