OSP Fiber Foreman
BroadStaff is thrilled to be working with our client, a Telecommunications provider experiences in outside plant construction, as well as complete engineering for permitting and make ready applications, on their direct hire, full time OSP Fiber Foreman position in Orlando, FL working project throughout the 1-4 corridor between Tampa and Orlando.
The OSP Foreman will be responsible for oversight on in the field builds of fiber on both aerial(80%)/underground(20%) lines with some swap pout of equipment along for with fiber lashing work. The project work is supporting the Verizon 1 program.
- Conduct daily site safety assessments and identify all safety hazards on job site
- Responsible for daily job site cleanliness and ensuring proper safety precautions and barriers are in place
- Participate in weekly safety meetings, properly fill out necessary documentation,
- Review project plans, material & specific installation instructions to ensure the project is built according to the approved design specifications
- Material takeoffs and procurement
- Overall responsibility for crew including daily and weekly time sheet tracking and approval
- Organize & schedule crew ensuring projects stay on budget and on time
- Direct the activities of the crew, operators & installers on job site
- Daily communication with the Area Manager and/or upper management
- Ensure vehicles and equipment are maintained and inspected daily
- Schedule and complete inspections per local permitting authority
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years of recent foreman experience.
- Experience with telecommunication construction (Outside Plant) installations within ROW
- Overall understanding of general commercial & civil construction standards
- Class A CDL required
- PIM/Sweep certifications preferred
- Ability to motivate crews through teamwork and solid communication skills
- Overtime will be required at times. In addition, hourly schedules will vary day-to-day and there can be extensive travel.
- Ability to properly lift up to 50 pounds