OSP Fiber Engineer
3500 Regency Parkway Suite 100 Cary, NC 27518
BroadStaff is excited to be working with a leader in the Tower and Neutral Host space in the Telecommunications industry. We are seeking an experienced Outside Plant Engineer for a 12 month contract position based in Cary, NC with potential to convert to a full time position.
We are seeking an OSP Design Engineer with extensive experience in fiber optic network design. The ideal candidate will have designed multiple fiber projects, understand the need for collaboration with local municipalities and open to be the subject matter expert for in house team. There is a need for 30%-40% and the balance of the time in the office.
- Responsible for all engineering activities associated with expanding and maintaining the OSP network infrastructure.
- Lead complex large-scale projects, driving productivity through use of vendor resources to meet deliverables with aggressive deadlines.
- Maintain local site and fiber records.
- Support installation and provisioning of Wi-Fi and Outdoor DAS nodes
- Performs work that may include a variety of complex features and requires multi- or interdisciplinary approaches
- Engage appropriate internal and external organizations with professional written/verbal communications to accomplish required tasks.
- Coordinate project activities with contractors, developers, municipalities and consultants.
- Proposes solutions supported by sound engineering and operational productivity to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
- Recognizes vulnerabilities in network infrastructure and makes intelligent decisions to ensure reliability – within financial constraints.
- Prepare detailed cost analysis, project specifications, spend forecasts, route mapping, requisitions, and business justifications.
- Provide concise reporting of status and information in presentation format for leadership consumption.
- Multi-tasks to effectively manage a wide range of simultaneous activities often interrupted by other demands.
- 5+ years in OSP/ISP engineering experience deploying fiber optic networks in the US
- Knowledge of engineering principles within OSP/ISP job related functional area to include general practices, procedures and industry standards.
- Extensive construction and field knowledge along with knowledge of city jurisdictions and permitting requirements/processes.
- Strong of oral and written communication skills, and the ability to work independently and effectively with others (interpersonal skills)
- Demonstrated technical success in a fast paced, results-oriented engineering environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present at all levels.
Fiber Optic cable design for an outdoor network