OSP Engineering Manager
BroadStaff is excited to be representing our client, a National leader in the telecommunications industry, providing maintenance, engineering, installation, and expansion services. This is a direct hire opportunity covering the Minnesota market while reporting to the Anoka office.
We are seeking an experienced OSP Engineering Manager with an extensive OSP and leadership background that will be responsible for managing the local engineering team as well as overseeing the OSP designs, field surveys, permitting and implementation of fiber.
- Lead a team of engineers to meet customer timelines for network expansions and deliverables.
- Monitor the production of personnel in a fast paced environment where there are mandated deadlines to be met.
- Monitor the progress of permits and access rights to get projects launched.
- Create and implement project management practices in order to achieve goals and deliverables.
- Communicate project information in regards to the schedule, risks, and expenses to management, team members, and customers.
- Prepare a plan for unforeseen factors and implement when necessary
- A minimum of 8-10 years of experience in the fiber-optic/telecommunications / telecom construction industry.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience with building structure conduit/path design,
- A minimum of three years managing a group of engineering personnel who are responsible for their own project deliverables.
- Previous experience in planning, project management, contract negotiations, and accounting fundamentals.
- CenturyLink experience and working knowledge of the following tools; AutoCAD, Fireworks/Bidmaster, JDS, FORTE, WFMT, ARMOR, TIRKS, LFACS, and the full suite of Microsoft Office.
- Experience with NDS engineering software.
- Familiar with GIS (Geographic Information Systems), ESRI and shapefile functionality.
- Strong written and oral communication skills