Find your next opportunity now!
OSP Engineer Level I/II Tallahassee FL
Tallahassee, FL 47715
BroadStaff is happy to be working with our client, a leading provider of 100% fiber optic internet, television, and telephone services in over 80 communities, on their full time OSPEngineer position in Tallahassee, FL.
What' s In It For Me?
- Competitive total compensation package
- 80% of Medical premiums paid for by company
- Dental and Vision Plans
- 2 Week first year Accrued PTO program from Day 1
- Company paid Disability and Life insurance
- 401(k) company match and 100% vested on Day 1
- Locally owned, friendly, fun atmosphere
Why Is This Job For Me?
If you are talented OSP Engineer and like to be on the frontline, boots on the ground and in the field, this job is for you! You are there to ensure construction is built safely and to the required standards and specifications and delighting the community in which you are working to immediately address complaints and actively work to resolve the issues. You will engage in various role including inspector, investigator, leader and manager of construction crews, and ambassador.
- Maintains clear understanding of MetroNet specifications, standard practices, and safety compliance
- Conducts walkouts with contractors of completed construction to inspect completed work for accuracy and quality
- Approves all unitized completed work done to MetroNet’ s standards
- Manages the OSP Construction Tracker
- Monitors the approved budget for each of their work orders
- Physically completes inspections of completed work which will require walking long distances, and potentially uneven and/or less than ideal ground conditions each day with contractors
- Responds to utility strikes, conducts investigation, completes documentation of said strike within 24 hours and retrains the contractor or terminates them if necessary
- Conducts a weekly audit for each contractor of their safety, construction, and quality practices
- Identifies contractor training needs and arranges for the contractor to get the training
- Ensures contractors have a weekly safety and communications tailgate meeting with their employees and will assist the contractor in scheduling periodic damage prevention tailgates conducted by the local gas utility in the language which the employees are fluent
Job Qualifications and More!
- A High School Diploma or general education degree (GED); or three (3) to five (5) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work independently with minimal managerial supervision
- Works well under pressure
- Must have great diplomacy skills
- Committed to and driven by quality and safety
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to distinguish between general audience information and confidential information and to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time and recognize which tasks are more urgent or require more attention
- Must have and maintain a valid driver license and a clean driving record
Meet Your Recruiter
We are industry experts first, staffing second. Helping our partners achieve their goals and helping people find awesome jobs is our number one priority
Craig Fleming, Senior Vice President of Sales