1228 Euclid Ave Milwaukee, WI 53201
Broadstaff is happy to be working for our client, a predominantlycommericial fiber suppliery offering Engineering, Installation, Service Delivery and Network Operations Support, on their 6 monthe Contract To Hire position based in Milwaukee.
Why is this Job For You?
Are you a highly technical and experienced Outside Plant Engineer with hands-on experience in aerial and underground fiber construction for carrier-grade fiber networks? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment that includes construction and trouble management responsibilities for all aspects of physical fiber optic plant? Are you a road warrior comfortable with being out in the field up to 70% of the time to manage and support Ohio’ s fastest fiber optic network and its customers and facilities? If so, you may be the perfect candidate for the position of Outside Plant (OSP) Engineer with our client!
- Manage multiple fiber plant construction projects to include overseeing permitting for your projects and construction activities and vendors as well as materials procurement organizations and partners.
- Perform pre-construction walk outs to determine most optimal fiber routes for customer laterals and backbone
- Develop accurate Statement of Work (SOW) packages to include cost estimates and Outside and In-Building Fiber routes (primarily in CAD or Google Earth formats)
- Perform fiber optic and Ethernet line testing in relation to accepting newly installed plant or trouble repairs. Testing will include the use of OTDR, Power Meter, and/or other similar Test Sets
- Perform Post construction Quality Assurance of contractors work to ensure work is met to Standard Telecommunication Construction Standards and has met the Scope of Work requirements
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and Visio, CAD, and Google Earth Software
- Availability to perform on-call work as prescribed to include after-hours (nights and weekends) call-outs
- 2+ years installing/troubleshooting Fiber Optic and Ethernet Physical transport in a service provider environment
- 1+ years testing and delivering high speed telecom services using test units such as OTDR, Fusion Splicer, Power Meter, and other Fiber Optic test Sets
- 1+ years directly managing inside and outside plant construction projects, capital budgets, and contractors
- 1+ years developing fiber routes for both outside placement and in-building placement
- Current Fiber Optic (FOT) or BICSI Certifications (Installation and Testing)
- Previous facilities management experience
- Previous experience using inside/outside plant topology software such as Nexus and GraniteAbility to work in all climates
- Ability to lift 60lbs
- Ability to be on-call/rotation