Find your next opportunity now!
OSP Designer / Engineer
Green Bay Green Bay, WI
Broadstaff is happy to be working for our client, a firm working on ROW, Real Estate, Surveying and environmental projects for telecommunications, utility and energy on their contract to hire OSP Design Engineer position based in Madison, Green Bay or Milwaukee, WI.
- Attend site walk meetings and follow up calls.
- Review preliminary client route design and determine schedule/manage fielding.
- Perform OSP/ISP fiber designs including - fiber allocations and route assessment; fiber cable placement on poles and in splice points; and placement of ONU’ s conduit, pedestals and splices.
- Create all necessary splicing prints and allocation assignments.
- Assure designs meet client design guidelines.
- Provide design guidance.
- Consult with and advise the Engineering Manager and design staff regarding any questions raised in connection with the work.
- Design formulation/Design Quality Audit.
- Staff training, assignment and scheduling.
- Design review and quality assurance.
- Local client interface.
- Bachelor' s or Associate’ s degree preferred, but experience acceptable in lieu of degree.
- 3+ years related work experience with OSP Fiber Design and/or Construction.
- CAD: 1 year (Required)
- OSP Fiber Design or Construction: 3 years (Required)
- Deep understanding outside plant fiber optic network infrastructure, engineering design and construction focused on OSP fiber design.
- Experienced in OSP design of fiber optic facilities, in aerial, underground, and buried applications.
- Experience interpreting client request and auditing projects for compliance with scopes of work and quality.
- Design experience with CAD or other design software.
- Motivated self-starter with a passion and drive to start and complete projects
Meet Your Recruiter
We are industry experts first, staffing second. Helping our partners achieve their goals and helping people find awesome jobs is our number one priority
Craig Fleming, Senior Vice President of Sales