OSP Design Engineer
BroadStaff is thrilled to be working with our client, a network deployment and professional services engineering telecom company on their full time, direct hire position OSP Design Engineer position based in the West Coast; Denver, CO or Salt Lake City, UT
What’ s In It For Me?
- Market Valued Compensation
- Benefits eligibility the first month following the date of hire including:
- Health, Dental and Vision
- HSA and FSA Account eligibility
- Life Insurance
- 3 Weeks paid vacation
- 401K with Employer Contribution
- Collaborative, teamwork and family culture.
- Entrepreneurial, highly technical and customer-focused work environment
- Well defined career development program
Why Is This Job For Me?
Are you a motivated, self-directed OSP Desing Engineer who likes to work collaboratively with the engineering / design team on the production of outside plant design for fiber-based telecommunications infrastructure projects? Then you will want to hear more! The ideal candidate will have technical experience in outside plant design including the planning, design, permitting, and documentation of communications infrastructure, with an emphasis on Wireless and OSP fiber optic cable infrastructure projects.
- Manage and self-start multiple OSP projects of varying complexity for fiber deployment projects
- Provide OSP/fiber engineering designs with associated cost estimates as part of conceptual design
- Ability to perform low level engineering using 3-GIS, or other GIS platform, while acting as the project manager for end to end deployments
- Ability to perform field work, and travel to various markets as priorities require
- Review aerial plant per design standards and make recommendations to support build
- Work with other departments to coordinate make ready management, permitting and fielding
- Must be able to review as-built plans, test results and provide post construction inspection
- Ability to work in multiple CADD and GIS platforms as well as Google Earth
- Maintain orderly records and project documents
- Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent experience; engineering degree preferred
- Minimum of 2-5 years of proven experience with OSP underground and aerial telecommunication engineering
- Knowledge of regional governing code; Extensive knowledge of the standards and specifications of utility Right-of-Way owners, utility owners and OSP construction practices for fiber optic cable plant is required.
- Desktop and field quality control to support final client deliverable
- Prepare documentation packages for client review
- Understanding of job cost, change order management and work order processing
- Willingness to learn new skills, software, and technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Valid driver’ s license as up to Up to 30% travel is required with total travel reinbirsed.