OSP Construction Supervisor - CO
Steamboat Springs, CO 80477
Broadstaff is happy to be working with our client, a full-service Engineering and Construction firm working in the telecommunications and electrical power sectors on their Contract to Hire position based in Steamboat Springs, CO. Relocation and/or living arrangements will be provided.
The position will support Yampa Valley Electric' s multi year installation of phone and internet being 80% aerial work. The responsibilities will including supervising daily construction functions related to an OSP Fiber Construction job site while administering various construction functions up to and including aerial and underground.
- Ensure Maverick safety policies and guidelines are adhered to by all team members.
- Supervise production employees and subcontractors to ensure safe work practices, accurate daily reporting guidelines; for the purposes of customer billing, payroll, as-builts, damage claims, etc.
- Utilize working knowledge of OSP Construction material parts and equipment inventory.
- Utilize working knowledge of FTTH OSP Construction specifications.
- Apply thorough knowledge of OSP construction practices.
- Ensure that each crew has everything they need to be as productive as possible every working day.
- Display proficient knowledge and understanding as to the proper use of OSP construction tools and equipment.
- Complete written performance evaluations for both employees and sub-contractors on a regular basis including employee disciplinary forms where required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a minimum of five years of verifiable experience in OSP Fiber construction.
- Must have a minimum of one-year Supervisory experience
- Must have a clean valid driver’ s license
- Must display proficient knowledge and understanding as to the proper use of OSP construction tools and equipment
- Must be able to read and understand a design print.
- Must have a good understanding of all equipment used in OSP Construction.
- Must have good organizational skills and be able to work well with others.
- Must possess computer skills for written communications and project production tracking.