OSP Construction Manager 0860
13721 Jetport Commerce Pkwy Fort Meyers, FL 33913
Crown Castle works around the country to build and maintain the infrastructure behind the world’ s most revolutionary technologies. Crown Castle owns, operates and leases more than 40, 000 cell towers and over 60, 000 route miles of fiber supporting small cells and fiber solutions across every major US market. This nationwide portfolio of communications infrastructure connects cities and communities to essential data, technology, and wireless service – bringing information, ideas and innovations to the people and businesses that need them. Crown Castle is an S&P 500 company and one of the largest Real Estate Investment Trusts in the United States with an enterprise value of approximately $60 billion.
Broadstaff is thrilled to be representing our client, a leader in the Tower Industry of Telecom who owns, operates and builds telecom infrastructure. The company’ s connections are made possible by a unique network of communications infrastructure— towers, small cells, and fiber working together to set the stage for new innovation. To bring the world' s biggest ideas and possibilities to people and businesses who need them. This is a 12-month Contract to Hire Opportunity in Fort Meyers, FL.
Position requires experience with outside plant and inside plant cable construction in aerial and underground facilities, with a thorough knowledge of all issues related to local and state permitting, pole and conduit licensing procedures from Utilities, and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. The position also requires the capability to manage multiple construction contractors. From project qualification and design through punch-list and close-out, the Fiber Construction Manager will ensure that projects are completed to the client and internal specification, on time, and within budget.
• Work hand in hand with Fiber Engineers.
• Manage all external vendors necessary for timely completion and within budget.
• Conduct initial constructability review in accordance with project specifications.
• Develop Construction Bid Package and competitively bid the project to subcontractors.
• Manage the development of permit and construction plans;
• Order and track delivery of 3rd party materials;
• Oversee site construction, managing schedule and subcontractors to customer and internal requirements.
• Coordinate all construction activities with local and state agencies with regards to permitting and licensing.
• Attend company and client status meetings.
• Provides communication on milestones, on-time delivery, and general updates to leadership and project management/service delivery resources within the Crown Castle organization
• Ensure that all jobs are maintained in a project tracking system with complete accuracy.
• Act as Crown Castle safety observer and Quality Assurance representative while at the site ensuring compliance with Crown Castle safety program and related workmanship practices.
• Understand prevailing rates for all construction work and ensure Crown Castle is receiving competitive rates for quality work.
• Responsible to negotiate costs within the scope of the project, hold Vendor accountable to ensure the budget is maintained; ensure Project Managers and customers are aware of issues that will impact project completion or cost.
• Responsible to problem solve issues that may occur onsite and make recommendations based on priority and need to ensure the project and budget are maintained.
• Ensure all work is completed in accordance with Crown Castle' s construction standards, processes, and procedures.
High school diploma or equivalent
Minimum 2-year technical degree or equivalent work experience
A valid driver’ s license required
One (1) to three (3) years construction experience, one (1) to three (3) years direct telecommunications experience with three (3) years of supervisory contractor construction experience preferred
• Knowledge of Outside Plant Construction techniques (aerial & underground) preferred
• Familiarity with test equipment and techniques for performing Grounding and Bonding Tests, RF Sweep test, OTDR, Optical Power Meter and Passive Intermodulation (PIM) testing preferred
• Working knowledge of NESC, NEC and OSHA standards preferred
• Preference will be given to candidates with BSCE, or equivalent work experience
• Excellent organizational/administrative skills
• Strong project management skills with attention to details
• Strong interpersonal skills with a high level of integrity
• Strong Microsoft Office (Excel, Visio, Word, and PowerPoint) skills
• Ability to thrive in a dynamic problem-solving environment
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Strong communication skills
• Basic telecommunications experience/knowledge
• PMP certification a plus
• A positive attitude and desire to deliver exceptional results for our customers.
• Personal commitment to safety, integrity, and continual professional development
Will be required to travel to project sites with exposure to heavy equipment and environmental conditions between 50% up to 90% of the time. Works in a normal office setting with no exposure to adverse environmental conditions between 50% to as few as 10% of the time. Position may require on-call rotation involvement.