OSP Construction Inspector 0824
8000 Avalon Blvd. Alpharetta, GA 30009
Broadstaff is thrilled to be representing our client, a leader in the Tower Industry of Telecom who owns, operates and builds telecom infrastructure. The company’ s connections are made possible by a unique network of communications infrastructure— towers, small cells, and fiber working together to set the stage for new innovation. To bring the world' s biggest ideas and possibilities to people and businesses who need them. This is a 12-month Contract to Hire Opportunity in Atlanta, Georgia.
This is a Fiber Optic Construction Inspector position. Outside Plant construction and particularly Splicing experience are needed. A reliable vehicle is required for this position. The Fiber Construction Inspector will work with their Direct Supervisor and management in other Operations organizations to ensure company policies and procedures are being followed across the company.
• Warehouse responsibilities, including: inventory management, vendor outfitting, and cable inventory management
• Documenting fiber inventory and incident reporting in company systems (Microsoft CRM)
• On-site support as necessary during major outages or sensitive network impacts to provide supervision and oversight of internal and external resources
• Work with other internal organizations to update handbooks and policies with most current standards and best practices
• Strand mapping
• Make ready rides with other utilities
• Post-construction rides with other utilities
• Excellent written and oral presentation skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Basic understanding of web application infrastructure and front-end/ database technologies.
• Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
• Demonstrated ability to multitask to achieve goals in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment
• Previous telecom industry experience, particularly in a construction capacity is strongly desired
• Fluency with standard Microsoft Office Programs (Excel, Word, Visio, etc.…)