OSP CM / Field Engineer
Raleigh Durham, NC
BroadStaff is excited to be representing our client, a national leader in information technology services and network construction. This is a 6 month contract to hire opportunity in Raleigh, NC.
We are seeking an OSP Engineering Construction Manager with extensive experience in Outside Plant/Fiber that supports Fiber build projects in the NC market. The ideal candidate will be experienced in above and below-ground fiber installation, hub construction, node construction and related utility make-ready with technical experience in outside plant design working collaboratively with other departments to achieve success. The position will be responsible for project time lines and budgets, on-site construction management, construction drawing red-lines, least cost routing design as well as daily interaction with customer stakeholders.
- Hands on on-site management of construction including:
- bid and pre-construction site walks, site visits, punch walks and construction closeout.
- Provide direction to general contractors, sub contractors and crews
- Coordinate and schedule field activities and resources to complete the scope of work
- Budget Management ensuring quality work is being completed at competitive and market appropriate rates holding both internal and external partners accountable for budget maintenance. Proactively communicate issues that will impact project completion or cost.
- Responsible to problem solve issues that may occur onsite and make recommendations based on priority and need to ensure the project and budget are maintained.
- Ensure that all jobs have complete and accurate project tracking including: close out documentation, work standards reporting, all files and necessary documentation.
- Work with other departments to ensure make ready management, permitting and fielding meet OSP design criteria
- Review permit and construction drawings for engineering integrity
- Be able to review as-built plans and test results
- Working knowledge of pole line design and fiber construction, both aerial and underground
- High School Diploma
- Minimum three (3) years of telecommunications/wireless construction experience
- Knowledge of Outside Plant Construction techniques (aerial & underground)
- Familiarity with test equipment and techniques for performing RF Sweep test, OTDR, Power Meter and Passive Intermodulation (PIM) testing for SCS.
- Knowledge of site acquisition procedures, including regulatory and permitting process
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Familiarity with AutoCad, Google Earth and 3GIS programs highly desired.
- Working knowledge of NESC, NEC and OSHA standards.
- Field to Office Ratio 50%/50%