OSP / Small Cell Construction Manager
1700 West Cornell Milwaukee, WI
BroadStaff is excited to be representing our client, a telecom turnkey system integrator. This is a 6 month contract to hire opportunity in the Milwaukee, WI market.
We are seeking an experienced OSP/ Small Cell Construction Manager with an extensive background in managing OSP construction resources. The ideal candidate will be experienced in above and below-ground fiber installation, small cell node construction, and related utility make-ready. The position will be responsible for project time lines, on-site construction management including management of sub-contractor, installers and crews as well as interaction with customer stakeholders and internal teams.
- Hands on on-site management of construction including:
- bid and pre-construction site walks, site visits, punch walks and construction closeout.
- Provide direction to general contractors, sub contractors and crews.
- Ensuring quality work is being completed, holding both internal and external partners accountable. Proactively communicate issues that will impact project completion.
- Responsible for managing the permitting process.
- Responsible to problem solve issues that may occur onsite and make recommendations based on priority and need to ensure the project is maintained.
- Ensure that all jobs have complete and accurate project tracking including: close out documentation, work standards reporting, all files and necessary documentation.
- Ability to conduct least cost route analysis to solve fiber design issues.
- Strong understanding of outside plant engineering, fiber optic cables, and telecommunication construction.
- Small cell construction experience would be a plus.
- Experience in OSP fiber aerial and underground construction.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.