OSP / Fiber Construction Manager
Charlotte, North Carolina
BroadStaff is excited to representing our client a major contributor to the Telecommunications Industry as one of the largest neutral host vendors. We have a terrific, long-term 12-18 month contract opportunity in Charlotte, NC
We are seeking a Construction Manager with extensive experience in Outside Plan/Fiber that support Small Cell projects throughout North Carolina. The ideal candidate will be experienced in above and below-ground fiber installation, hub construction, node construction and related utility make-ready. The position will be responsible for project time lines and budgets, on-site construction management including management of sub-contractor, installers and crews as well as interaction with customer stakeholders.
- Hands on on-site management of construction including:
- bid and pre-construction site walks, site visits, punch walks and construction closeout.
- Provide direction to general contractors, sub contractors and crews
- Actively participate in and make recommendations in third party and OEM selection process.
- Budget Management ensuring quality work is being completed at competitive and market appropriate rates holding both internal and external partners accountable for budget maintenance. Proactively communicate issues that will impact project completion or cost.
- Responsible to problem solve issues that may occur onsite and make recommendations based on priority and need to ensure the project and budget are maintained.
- Ensure that all jobs have complete and accurate project tracking including: close out documentation, work standards reporting, all files and necessary documentation.
- High School Diploma
- Minimum three (3) years of telecommunications/wireless construction experience
- Knowledge of Outside Plant Construction techniques (aerial & underground)
- Familiarity with test equipment and techniques for performing RF Sweep test, OTDR, Power Meter and Passive Intermodulation (PIM) testing for SCS.
- Knowledge of site acquisition procedures, including regulatory and permitting process
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Working knowledge of NESC, NEC and OSHA standards.
- Field to Office Ratio 90%/10% (Ability to travel for mutliple day trips throughout the State)